Last night I was getting a blessing from Evan and holding a sleeping Gideon, when Reagan walks in, then stands over by Gideon's head. So I open my eyes, since I'm nervous about what he could be doing to him. Reagan had his hands on Gideon's head just like Evan had his hands on mine, and Reagan was looking up at his Papa with just the sweetest learning expression. *sigh* I love Reagan. He has a spirit beyond his earthly years for sure!
This weekend Evan bought a long piece of wood and turned it into this!!...
I'm so impressed and proud of all Evan's talents. He is very artistic, an amazing cook, and now I can add woodworker to my VERY long list of amazing attributes and talents Evan possesses.
Evan made this to help Reagan with his potty training. I have been against potty training Reagan at this time from the start. I'M not able to give potty training the time and attention it deserves with having to take care of the needs a Newborn requires. And since I'm the one home with Reagan ALL day and into the evening I know it won't happen. I see this potty training attempt as a way for Reagan to manipulate the treat system. He doesn't go to the potty because he wants to be a big boy, or be clean and dry. He only goes because he wants treats. So in my opinion he is not ready. HE definitely shows certain of getting there. But I have NEVER planned on potty training being a long drawn out thing. When I get ready to potty train Reagan it's going to be an all in method. None of this just going potty and not poo poo, or wearing a diaper when we go out, but pull ups at home and during naps and at night. I will be ALL in. So I personally have given up on potty training. Reagan is blowing through out expensive TP, making a mess of our bathroom, and dropping cologne lids down the John! This is a game for him and I don't want to play. So starting today, the bathroom is off limits. If Papa wants to take him to the potty when he gets home he can do it, and watch him while he is in there. But I need my sanity back. We'll pick this up again when I'm ready and Reagan is more mature to handle it and has a better understanding of the purpose for the potty and a desire to use it for the right reasons.


No comments:
Post a Comment