For years I have been formulating a dream restaurant. This is funny to me, because you would assume if I was going to dream up a business it would be a dance studio. I've done that as well, but I've not fantasied about it. When my mind gives me a break, my mind will frequently wander to a restaurant I would love to have. But I know I never will so it's not a dream, because I don't want to run a restaurant, I just want to fantasize about it. =)
It would be in Seattle, it couldn't be in Nashville because my restaurant would be too classy for the South. But I wouldn't want it to get eaten up by all the other big places in New York, California, or Vegas. Plus my family is in Seattle. And I just think my place would fit in just right and be well accepted there. I'd call it, 1944. Yup, just a year. It tells you right away what my place is all about. I want a restaurant that is modeled after the restaurants back in the day. I want it to be upscale, where you check your coats. I want a dance floor, where only old school dancing will be permitted. No grinding or Bear hugging. Classic, hand on the waist, respectable dancing. I would have a live band/orchestra that of course plays the classic music of the time. I would hire professional dancers to do floor shows, singers, and even dancers to dress up and just be social dancers, paid to dance on the floor all night and ask customers to dance. I'd serve classic drinks, and food that were popular during that time, but have a flare and sophistication of today's modern plate artistry. And since it's 1944, it opens me up to having special war, and military themes, I also picture Holiday themes. The Wait Staff will be over the top polite. ALL my staff will be exceptional and kind. In my fantasy 1944, my staff will speak like back in the day. No modern lingo will escape their lips.
I love to fantasize about the colors I'd use, the table settings, furniture, clothing, etc. I love this place in my mind. It makes me happy, and gets me excited. It's easy to picture, because of course I watch so many Classic old movies. But what I see in my mind is different because I see modern people, coming to my place to go back in time to either remember the good ol days, or get a taste of what it was like back then. I want people to forget they are in any other year except 1944. It will be targeted to ages 21 and up. But, because it is a high class restaurant young punks won't be coming in and ruining the ambiance. *sigh* I'm surprised I haven't thought to write this all down before now. I guess I just don't want to forget. I like these fantasy moments so I doubt I will ever forget, but just incase my life ever gets too hectic...
No comments:
Post a Comment