Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Gideon's First Step

My sweet baby took his first step today!  He has been starting to stand on his own, without needing help from any outside source.  And today he stood up in the middle of the room and while I was praising him and clapping for standing on his own so well his body lurched forward.  I was hesitant to call it a first step, since I wasn't paying attention to his feet I couldn't say for sure if his foot actually moved.  But then just a moment later he lifted his left foot up in the air and flopped it down on the floor in front of him.  He didn't even fall after that.  He stood their for a second before deciding that he wanted to sit down and he ever so gracefully took a seat. =)

I'm so proud of my little pumpkin!!  I'm so thankful I was home to see it.  I'm so thankful for my wonderful Husband that works SO hard to provide for all our families financial needs so that I can be home to see my precious son take his first step. 

It's pretty special that Gideon and I were able to share this special moment that I never got with Reagan.  I recall looking and waiting for the day that Reagan took his first step but he really just hit the ground running there isn't any day I can look back on and say "THIS is the day Reagan took his first step." 

It was a picture perfect first step, I only wish I'd known it was going to be his first step so I could have taken a picture.  I'm excited that this is the start of the boys getting closer to playing even more together and running off to have adventures.  But of course sad, because every joyous milestone is followed by sadness that time moves on and these days will be gone too soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment