Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Road Trip

We took a road trip into Nashville on Tuesday for Reagan's yearly Cardiology appointment.  I got food poisoning the night before.  So I was wiped out the next day.  We had planned on leaving to Nashville after Reagan got out of school.  I still had things to do before we left, and with getting sick it really put me behind.  I was given a blessing, We had snow during the night so Reagan's school was canceled.  I was so thankful.  It allowed me to rest and get more done of what I needed.  I left thinking we would have 40 minutes remaining before our appt.  When I got in the truck and put the address in our GPS it had us barely making it on time. 
 
 Reagan playing in the snow.
This was also our first time having an appt. at the Vanderbilt hospital.  Reagan's appts had been in Clarksville before that.  So I didn't know where to park, or where to go.  We ended up being 15 minutes late.  And I have a feeling they didn't even have us in their computer.  We got a letter in the mail a few months ago saying that Dr. Doyle wasn't seeing patients in Clarksville any more and our appt had been changed.  I'm glad I brought that letter with me.  They didn't say anything but by the looks on the ladies faces that checked us in, I'm assuming. =)  But they were very nice.
 Reagan got weighed, and his height checked.  Then we got an ultrasound of his heart.  Then they took an EKG (picture above)  Reagan was not cooperating during the weighing, and height.  But he did great during the ultrasound and the EKG.  He did great when the 3 nurses came in to listen to his heart before Dr. Doyle came in.  Then Reagan was a brat again. =(  I'm so bummed.  He was sassy and rude to Dr. Doyle.  I love Dr. Doyle.  He is a very sweet man, that with Dr. Janseen saved Reagan's life.  I just wish Reagan had been his best. 

But we got a good report.  Reagan is still doing great and there are no restrictions on him!

I then decided to stay in Nashville the remainder of the week until My Mom arrived from Seattle on Sunday.  I had made appointments for the boys to get their hair cut.  And their medical check ups.  I also set up a family photo shoot for us on Saturday.  Well Evan ended up not making back so we didn't get the family photos. 

I felt so bad for Reagan.  He didn't want to go to his Cardiology appointment because he said doctors hurt him.  So I showed him video's of what was going to happen at the appointment and he was better.  So I'm sure he thought that Doctors don't hurt you and when I told him about going to another doctor appt he was totally fine, and really happy to go.  I tried to warn him that he was going to get a shot, and that it might hurt.  But he just wasn't listening, I tried and tried.  Right up until they stuck the needle in he was so happy.  =(

He got 5 shots, and Gideon got 2.  Poor boys.  Below is a picture of them crashed out after their appointments. 

Come Sunday I was ready to be in Nashville getting my Mom, but she missed her flight and wasn't getting in until much later.  So the boys and I had  A LOT of time to kill.  Most of it was spent at Wal -mart. 
 Here the boys are trying on hats. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment