Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Egg Hunt

Due to Morning Conference and Gid napping we were late to the Egg hunt in Sunbright.  As we were pulling up the kids were hunting eggs.  I told Reagan to hop out and start finding eggs.  He got out and immediately biffed it on a speed bump.  I ran to hold him, and by the time I was lifting him up the kids were coming off the field from getting eggs. =(  He was sad and hurt, then sad again.  I hadn't told him what we were doing or where we were going because I didn't know what would be going on when we got there.  So had bad timing to get there at the very end and tell him to go find eggs.

 He got over it pretty quick, and both the boys wanted to play on the playset.  While everyone else was up snacking and winning other prizes.  We pretty much missed the whole thing.  I was pretty bugged and upset.  Although I understand our situation was my fault.  We had a chance to snack and win prizes but the boys weren't listening, or wanting to go up there.  It was then I realized the boys were happy and doing what they wanted to do, and what was most important to them.  So I let it be.


 One of Reagan's school mates Grandma's brought us snacks, which was so sweet.  Then another lady had heard that the boys missed the egg hunt and her 7yr old daughter brought eggs for the boys.  And she told us about another egg hunt.  So we followed her to the next one.

 We got there early and I helped them hide eggs.  Reagan got $1 and lots of yummy treats.  Both the boys had so much fun.
Jalyn, Reagan's new friend


Gideon just wanted to stay in this swing.  He pitched the biggest fit when I took him out.


No comments:

Post a Comment