Can't wait till my week 21 update. What's cooler then feeling your baby move?...Having your Husband feel the baby move for the first time!!!! =D
I didn't think Evan would be able to feel the baby move for a long while, cause every time I feel the baby move I push my hand around the area and it stops. Plus, it was so rare the moment would go away before I could really even say anything to Evan to have him at least try.
However, starting Saturday when I was in the temple the baby has been moving constantly!!! Last night when Evan and I were in bed talking I was feeling the baby move really good and distinct, I waited a few movements before I said something to Evan. Evan got right in there with his hand and dug in to try and feel it. It's awesome that Evan seemed to know right where to go, I didn't think he would feel anything but then Evan totally freaked out, he jumped and pulled his hand away and exclaimed that he felt it!!!!!! I was laughing so hard at his reaction, I knew he really had felt it by the way he responded. Then Evan tried again and we both felt it at the same time! It was a really awesome moment to share together.
I'm so glad Evan got to feel what I feel, and that he loves it as much as I do! I love that Evan is my Husband and feels the way he does about having a family and being a Dad! His attitude is contagious, and keeps me happy and optimistic. I'm very happy to be pregnant, and excited to be a parent with Evan. I have a good team mate on my side! That is a blessing not to be discounted.
As a follow up to my last post, going to the temple was very wonderful. My Mother-in-law and I went together. I had so much fun with her. We went to Whole Foods afterwards for lunch, I had such a wonderful time walking around to the different booths for samples! It was cool to have someone there to try them with me, we even got to participate in a blind taste taste. Turns out, I liked 2 out of 3 of the non-organic stuff better. =)
Putting the Wayne Dyer thought #10 to the test I'm trying to stay true to myself. So I wrote my midwife an email and told her, having her child at my labor would not work and offered a couple different solutions. I'm working on attempting to work things out instead of being reactive. We'll see how it works, cause I wanted to just avoid the potential conflict and just find someone else, but I will give her a fair opportunity to meet me half way. I pray with all my heart I will not regret this and be surprised later with a baby at my delivery after I said it would not work for me...Let's all keep our arms folded that it will work out.
Other areas of my personal life that have been overwhelming me I hope will also continue to improve. I have faith in my loved ones, and faith in my Father in Heaven that this hurdle will be overcome and be for the betterment of our lives, and a great life lesson.
Thank you so much to my mom for her love, and council. Even at 29 I'm still waking my mom up at 5am to be held and comforted...if only through the phone. I'll never be too old to need my Mom! Family is wonderful!!! I'm really missing my family and dreaming way too much about wanting to be home and all I've left behind. If I keep this up I may turn into a pillar of salt... =)
very awesome! that is the kind of thing loren would never do! :( i'm glad evan is not completely freaked out by it! :)
ReplyDeletethat's funny about the organic stuff, lol! personally, i don't think much of it has a diff flavor except maybe the fresh stuff, like usually apples taste better. i just like it b/c i know it is better for my body and i don't want my girls growing boobs and starting their periods at 8 and 9 years old b/c of dumb steroids pumped in chickens, etc.
i'm sorry that our relationship and life here is not all you had hoped it would be. :( glad you have your mom when you are having a hard time. that is just wonderful and will probably make your relationship even better being at a distance. i can't relate....i have no relationship like that with my mom nor my dad so i can't imagine what it feels like...i'm so jealous!
please don't turn into a pillar of salt!! :)-
Things are pretty much what I thought they would be. No surprises. My life is what I thought it would be here. None of what I was talking about was a about you. To miss my family is not a reflection of the family around me. I'd be more worried if I didn't miss my family. I have grown up with them, it has been the 4 of us together our whole lives. We all worked together and have a very tight bond. About to be a mom, I want my family even more, this is a very sensitive & special time I wish I was physically closer to my family, friends, and familur surroundings.
ReplyDelete