Huge Kuddos to My Love!
He asked me on a date but of course, true to Evan form, it was going to be a surprise. It would really be a surprise because we didn't have any money for a date so I was REALLY curious what our date would entail.
Had I known ahead of time what it was I TOTALLY, COMPLETELY would have brought a camera.
We dropped Reagan off and Grandpa Mike and Grandma Sinja's. This was the first time they had watched Reagan! We then drove past Evans work, I was wondering if he was taking me to Wendy's for a free dinner! =) I wouldn't have cared. I would have seen the humor. But, he kept driving a little ways and pulled into a parking lot by the Cumberland River. We got out and he grabbed his back pack. We held hands while he led me to some picnic tables the first ones was smothered in ants as if it had been dipped in honey or something. So we went down the hill, closer to the walking path that everyone travels on and sat down.
Evan had me close my eyes while he got ready. When I FINALLY opened my eyes this is what I saw...
A red and white checkered picnic table cloth, two lite candle sticks in vases, purple flowers in a vase, our black bowls from home with our spoons in them, Mozart playing on his portable Ipod player, our ceramic mugs we made at Paint Away filled with milk and an unopened box of Blueberry Frosted Mini Wheats! =)
We poured our cereal and Evan said a prayer over our food before we ate. I LOVED the sweet tender thought that Evan put into this date! I LOVE not having money for dates if this is what comes of it! I really enjoy the unique creativity that comes from needing to be thrifty and loving at the same time!
I was last to finish and mentioned to Evan that I wanted to swing on the 2 seater swings they have looking out on the water. But Evan said, "not yet, I don't want you to think I'm cheap. I brought dessert!" With that he went back to his bag and pulled out a box of Fruit Roll Ups from home! How great is that?!?!! I Love Evan he thinks of everything. I loved our dessert! After we polished off a couple fruit roll ups we went to sit on the swing. I put my feet up and Evan rocked us for awhile while we watched fish jump out of the river and boats go by. We finished our date by walking along the rest of the river. I thought it was great having people walk by us as we were eating. I'm sure the ladies were all jealous, and all the men were just given a great date idea! =)
Later that night Evan said he thought of the date from a tape his Mom had when they were young called Cornflakes by Candlelight. We had that same tape, but I don't remember anything about it. I'm glad Evan remembered it.
That is so SO SWEET!!! Major points Evan!!! :D
ReplyDelete