Evan and I went on a date Wednesday. We were very blessed. Someone, I wish we knew who, left a gift card for us to Outback Steakhouse on our doorstep. That is our favorite place to eat.
Evan asked me a few days before if I wanted to go on a date! Just like he used to before we were married. It was so nice to have a date planned out ahead of time. Niki said she would babysit for us. I loved getting ready for the date. I curled my hair, and put on my make up. It was nice to put the time into it like I used to. I do such a speedy job now a days when I put on my make up. I loved putting the care into it just like I used to. I loved picking out my clothes to find something I thought Evan would like...just like I used to. I loved getting excited and looking forward to being with Evan...just like I used to.
When Evan and I go out I like for him to order for me...after I tell him what I want of course.=) I love to test him when we go to outback because I just about always get the same thing. On the way there Evan put his hand on my leg...just like he used to. It was wonderful to get out, just the two of us. As we walked back to his truck Evan grabbed my hand to hold...just like he used to. Hold my hand is something we always used to do. It was something I REALLY loved, but now that one of us is now always holding Reagan, hand holding is pretty much gone. Something so simple always meant so much to me. Evans simple touches have always moved me in the strongest way. I love the little gestures that show he still wants to be connected to me in some way. Hand holding, I missed it, but didn't know how much until I got it back for a moment.
I really hope Evan will keep wanting to ask me out on weekly dates. Going on this date, and the other one we had that was just him and I have really shown me how right people are that say how important going on weekly dates is for your marriage. I can see how IF we keep making the weekly dates happen how that will greatly strengthen our relationship. I LOVED our date. I LOVED having time with JUST Evan. It made me feel younger. And not like a mom. I felt like a WIFE, a Girlfriend, someone very special.
No comments:
Post a Comment