Last week Evan wanted to go fishing again. (Evan is very into fishing right now) We went to a different park. Evan took a hike, up a hill, over huge rocks, and through a trail to get to this lake he had in mind. I planned on staying at the play area with Reagan. But Reagan soon wanted Papa and started walking in the direction he saw Papa go, calling his name, "Papa. Papa. Papa" So cute.
I could see Evan, but could not figure out how he got there. I was all winded from being in the whirlwind of a nasty cold, and just being out of shape and tired from creating a life inside me. Evan came to get Reagan, I stayed a little bit to watch from my view on the hill, (mostly because I was too exhausted to walk back for awhile.) I watch Evan finally catch his first fish...although it was so tiny I actually couldn't see it.
I got my breathe back and SLOWLY worked my way back to the van to rest while my boys fished. Eventually I see my guys slowly walking to me, hand n' hand. I drive the van to meet them half way. And I see weird wet spots on Evan shirt. I initially figured Evan just acquired a new weird random sweat pattern. Then Evan tells me that Reagan decided to take an impromptu swim.
I take a closer look at Reagan and sure enough, he is SOAKED. He was so soaked nothing looked out of place as it had on Evan who reached into the lake to save him! As Evan tells the story, Reagan was sitting on the rocks with his toes in the water when he must have seen something he wanted and just went to get it. It is a blessing Evan happened to be watching when he was because there wasn't a splash. Reagan came out coughing and wide eyed, but once Evan set him down he started laughing.
Thank goodness he choose to laugh. I'm thankful Reagan doesn't have a fear of water, and doesn't understand the severity of what happened. I'm also very thankful in a way that I wasn't there to witness it. I would have FREAKED!!!! Which would not have helped the situation.
Poor little guy, I took off all his clothes, changed his diaper and wrapped him in a blanket I have in the back of my van.
What did Evan learn from all of this? "It happened so fast, it only took a second." Which is exactly why I don't like Evan fishing with Reagan by himself. Evan is a fabulous Papa, but he does tend to get "into" and really engrossed in what he is doing. Zoning Out, and having a toddler around water do not mix. I'm thankful Angel's were watching over my Son, and guiding my Husband to be watching over our Son too.
No comments:
Post a Comment