I took Reagan to get caught up on the shots I approve of him having yesterday. It was a good experience, we got in within a more reasonable time than usual, Reagan's Dr. actually came in to talk to us for a bit. I REALLY like his Dr., always have. I had planned two shots for him, Hep A & B, however the Dr. mentioned he needed another one, the spelling is a complete jumble of letters, not even going to attempt, but it is one I have always been fine with him getting so I approved that one, then she asked if I wanted him to get his flu shot. Well of course I want him to have that too. SOOO, that means 4 fricking shots for my sweet Bubba. =( The time came and a new nurse came through the door. Reagan has always had the same nurse give him his shots from day one. I honestly didn't think anything of it until she told me to lie him down. I said, "I can't just hold him? I have always held him before and he has done just fine, it's never been an issue." She tells me if I hold him he can grab the needles. I go with her plan and set him down and give him a go-go applesauce, a favorite of his. She then says, "aren't you worried he will aspirate when he cries?" Me, "No, he is fine." So I lay him down and he is now giving a very concerned face, but doing fine. The nurse pulls him down the end of the bench and lays into him!!!! I swear and promise I have NEVER heard such horrific pain and sobbing coming from my child. You would think they were cutting off his leg with out meds. Reagan did grab for his leg, even while laying down. So there goes her jacka** theory. To which she replies, "you see what I mean?!" to which I reply, "I would have been able to keep a hold of his hands better if I was able to hold him!" *Rhythms with Witch*!!!
She is just a plain crappy nurse. It was only about 4 months ago that Reagan got shots from the girl that always does it and of course he cries, but he is over it within seconds and it is just nothing like it was yesterday. As I went to make his next appt I asked them to tell me who has given him his shots every other time, other than today. They look it up, and turns out she has moved to the front office. She turned around when she heard her name said hi to us and that is when my emotion started up. The thought of having my Son get injections from that piece of crap nurse from now on was too much. I asked the gal in front of me if it was okay, or if she thought Tamira (the good nurses name) would be willing or able to sneak back the next time Reagan needed shots. She turned around to ask Tamira and she was already nodding her head yes, that she would do it.
Since getting Reagan home he was fine for the most part, except that he was grabbing his thighs a lot more. Each diaper change where I had to take off his pants brought him close to tears, he was fighting my hands to take off his pants and change him. =( I gave him Tylenol and we snuggled twice with a heat compress over his legs. I put him to bed with the heat compress. Poor little guy didn't sleep well until around 2am. It's super hard for me to find the motivation and will to take him in for his shots anyway, add in a crappy shot nurse and I feel just about totally done with the whole Dr. experience.
I told Evan he was taking Reagan the next time he needs shots. However, I can't do that to Reagan, I feel like he would need his Mama's love after something like that and his Mama there during it too. So, unfortunately for me, I'll still be suffering right along with him. And boy is that the truth. I was a mess for the rest of the day. I did cry on the way home, which is only a 3 minute trip. But it felt like I'd been crying all day. I was all sick to my stomach and groggy, I'm sure you know the feeling. I went to bed at 7 because I was just done for the day, I couldn't take anymore. I was exhausted!
No comments:
Post a Comment