Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Our Boys

Reagan:  I truly believe Reagan is the best child in the world.  He has only love and goodness in him.  He is the friendliest boy I've ever known.  We go for walks almost everyday and he barely lets anyone get by without saying Hi to them.  He says hi to animals too.

Walking into church on Sunday he ran up to a little boy and reached for his hand.  They held hands all the way into church.  They almost both fell down the stairs when the little boy lost his shoe because they refused to let go of each others hand.


His love even extends to his trains.  He makes us give them a hug and kiss before naps and bedtime after we give him hugs and kisses, he has even started lining all his trains up and giving each one of them kisses when he plays with them.


He doesn't mind when Gideon makes a snack out of his arm.

When I put Reagan down to sleep and I have Gideon, he wants Gideon to lay next to him for our snuggle time.  I wish I could get a picture of Reagan snuggling with Gideon, putting his arm around him, and resting his head on his, and I get to snuggle next to them.  He wants to hold Gideon more too.  He just started wanting to toss Gideon in the air when he holds him.  I have no idea where this came from since Gideon is still too small to be tossed in the air, so neither Evan or I do that.
His vocabulary is getting much better, he is putting so many more words together now, up to 3 words.  He is growing too fast.  I KNOW these are the best days of my life.  Reagan is so innocent, and enjoys every aspect of life.  He is all boy!  He climbs, jumps, is curious, smart as all get out, has no fear, and is a tough cookie.  He makes me so proud.  Last night I was reminded of my first year with Reagan.  That is without a doubt the best year of my life.  I'm sure it will never be topped.
We are using a new reward system with Reagan, anytime he does a good thing, or does what he should, or anything that we praise him for he gets M&M's put in a Good Boy Jar.  But when he doesn't listen or tests us we take out an piece of candy.  This has just about cut out yelling entirely! 



Gideon: He has reach the stage of reaching out and wanting to touch everything.  While out at a Mexican restaurant awhile ago, Evan was holding Gideon in his lap and he had reached out and grabbed the plate.  We didn't notice until he slowly started crying in pain.  He was in pain, but didn't have the knowledge to know to let go. =)  Evan had to pry his hand off the plate. 
Having Gideon puts me back in time when Reagan was his age.  I love to see how they are similar, and different.  Gideon is very long.  That is just about the first thing everyone says when they see him.  He is growing up so fast.  In just a few days he will be 5 months!  He can roll from his tummy to his back.  He seems to be getting close to rolling from back to tummy.
Gideon is very picky on how and where he sleeps.  He responds the best to sleeping in the swing we have for him.  He will also sleep in the car.  If I rock him to sleep, he needs to be in the baby wraps that make him look like a burrito, then I can lay him in his bassinet.  I'm not too sure yet what I will do when he is 6 months, or as he gets older and I attempt to sleep train more.  We won't put him in Reagan's room, because we don't want Reagan to "play" with him.  And we also don't want either boy to wake the other, which would totally happen.  Reagan has many bad dreams and usually wakes up at least once a night.  I've pretty much got Gideon sleeping from 7:30 until 3:30am.  Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter.  But I only feed him once a night no matter what.
Gideon also has a death grip.  He turns my fingers purple every time he nurses.  Gideon's nursing "thing" is to grab onto something, he either grabs my fingers, bunches up my shirt and grabs that, or he holds his own hands like he is praying.  He talks up a storm, much more than Reagan did.
He is also VERY opinionated.  He knows what he wants, and will get very upset until he gets it.  He is also very tolerant of Reagan and the ways he shows affection.  These boys are best buds.  I love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment