Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Papa's Birthday & the Zoo

We celebrated Papa's birthday on Sunday, since we weren't thinking we would see him on Tuesday.  I made him Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and Broccoli.  I made a yummy chocolate cake that we recently had at a friend's house.  Evan's birthday present still has yet to arrive.  But I'm choosing to look at it as keeping his birthday celebration going.
Can you tell how old Evan is? Reagan helped me put the candles in.


On Tuesday, (Evan's Birthday) I took the Boy's to the Zoo!  It was wonderful!  It was great to get out of the house and provide Reagan with an opportunity to run and stretch his legs.  He was a very well behaved boy.  The Zoo just gets more and more fun the older he gets. 
Reagan not listening, and sitting like he is supposed to

He loves to ride the train they have there.  I only had 1 coin left and I thought it took 3 to ride.  So I first told Reagan that I didn't think it would be running today because it was still the Winter months and many things are closed at that time.  Unfortunately for me, the train was running.  So I had to just tell him that I didn't have enough coins.  He kept walking toward the train saying Hi, so I told him we could go say hi and bye to the train but that was all.  A lady had paid for her child to get on the ride and I heard her say she didn't have enough to ride with her so she would ride alone. She then turned to me and said, "I have a coin if it's okay for him to ride? it only takes 2 coins."  That was the sweetest offer.  I accepted and Reagan was all over it!  He was awesome, he took her coin and said Thank You. =)  Proud Mama, to not have to coach him to say it!
For the 2nd trip the little girl got in back with Reagan.

The lady and I talked while our kids rode around.  If I wasn't moving soon I would have gotten her number because we got along really well.  I liked her instantly.  The greatest part for Reagan came when he got to ride a 2nd time for free!! That 1st trip was supposed to be the last one of the day.  But some other people came and begged him to take their kids, he was nice and said okay, but he let our kids stay on!  So this is just one really nice guy.
The kid's little heads when they sit.
We didn't get to see all the animals because the Zoo closes early during the Winter, but I thought something would be better than nothing.  And it was. =)  Reagan was pleased

Another great things about that day, Reagan was dry after his nap, and he didn't have any accidents while we were in Nashville!  He is doing wonderful potty training.  I'm very proud of him. 

After the Zoo, Papa was supposed to be done with his training for a new job and we planned on meeting him at Red Robin for Dinner because he gets a free burger for his Birthday.  Evan got out over an hour later than he was supposed to.  Thankfully in Red Robin's "back yard" was a play area with swings, slides, monkey bars and play area.  I first spent the first half an hour driving back and forth behind the mall because Gideon was sleeping, but once he woke up Reagan had a good time playing around until Papa was done with class.  He was one very tired kid, both the boys were.  But he only started melting down as we were leaving Red Robin.  Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment