This was the first year we celebrated the Commercial part of Easter with Reagan. We had plastic eggs hid for him to find when woke up, and we got him an Easter Bucket (baskets are too small) and filled it with cowboy things, like a hat, gun and spurs so he could be like Woody "Cowboy" as Reagan calls him. a Monster Inc. night light, an airplane, learning books to trace letters, numbers, and work with shapes and stuff to get in good practice, and little bunny candies. He was so adorable finding eggs, he found about half without any real help. Then he wanted Papa to hide the eggs we made the night before outside. We made them with shaving cream. I learned a lot by actually doing it. I know better now what to do and not do next year. I enjoyed it enough to definitely try it again next year. It did work out, but not quite as vibrant as it could have been.
I made resurrection rolls, for the first time. That was pretty fun. I didn't do the lesson that went with it because Reagan just doesn't really grasp any thing like that yet. I've been trying to talk to him about the true reason for celebrating this day and he is off in another world. So maybe next year.
Reagan has really been enjoying his day and new things. He does understand about the Easter Bunny now. He likes the Easter Bunny. =) I'm still very new to this mom role and building up holidays, I didn't play up this day at all and just wasn't as into it as I would have liked to been. But I have sort of had a lot on my plate lately.
I would still call this day a success! We all have had a good day.
Here are the pictures we took of us dying the eggs.
No comments:
Post a Comment