The picture above is from Saturday, before I knew that Gideon was sick. I just thought he was getting sleepy and looked so cute. He was trying to still watch TV which was above his head. The day started out normal, with Gideon having all his normal energy and attitude. Then around 4:30 he threw up. He was in bed by 5pm. He was literally falling asleep standing up with his head in my lap. I had no idea what was to come for him...and me.
He slept ALL the next day. I was so nervous, since I still thought that throw up from the day before was an isolated incident. I did wake him up at 1pm to see if he would feel better with something in his tummy, he threw that up pretty quickly, so he got a bath and I put him back to bed. At 9pm Sunday he threw up again in his sleep. When I went in after hearing him, he was already back asleep. I got him up, bathed, and his bedding changed and he passed out again. He didn't wake up until 9am Monday morning!! I thought he would be on the mend by now, I tried to feed him but he didn't want anything. He was just ravenously thirsty, he had been ravenously thirsty since Saturday. I had been giving him Pedialyte since Sunday night. I would go into his room, find his empty cup, fill it up and leave it in the corner of his bed. And this routine has continued until last night (Monday).
Gideon threw up again Monday morning shortly after waking up and went back to bed again. After that nap he was up again and has not thrown up since, but he still slept a lot yesterday. He SLOWLY started regaining his strength, wanting to walk, but very slowly, it took him a very long time to want to eat anything. I had saltine crackers out for him, he nibbled on then all day. Today he still only wants saltines, I've put other food out for him to eat, but he just eats saltines.
This picture is from yesterday, after his nap, he never threw up again after this. I had him sitting on this chair so he could watch TV, but not be on the carpet. We just spent a good deal of money on 2 new rugs for our living and dining area, he threw up twice on the living room rug, and once on the dining room rug! So I finally figured out a way to keep him in a neutral area, but still allow him to watch his shows, and keep him from moving around and throwing up where he shouldn't.
Gideon being sick must have taken more of a toll on me than I thought. Monday I had put the boys down to nap and it seemed like I had just gotten to sleep when I thought it sounded like Reagan had woken up. Usually that would be it and I would wake up, just because he is too loud, even when he is quiet. However, I was KNOCK OUT!! I think I slept about 2 hours. I must have stirred or something because Reagan was asking me if he could go talk to Gideon. I said no, because I had not heard him wailing his head off. The type of wailing that says he has been crying for awhile. I was napping in the living room, that is a prime place to hear every noise. I can't believe I was so out of it! It felt like one of those sleeps I have when I'm really stressed and overwhelmed and my body just gives out. Although I didn't feel like it before my nap, I laid down just thinking I was going to take a little rest.
Today, all is well! Gideon woke up happy like usual! He is still only wanting saltines, but he is happy, playing and running around again! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment