Thursday, November 16, 2017

Indy Race


We were all so blessed by Evan's company, TMC transportation.  They opened a new facility in Indianapolis and treated all that wanted to come to see it, enjoy food, meet Indy race car driver's and then, the next day, go see a race at the Indianapolis speedway!!
 I was all for that!  The day finally came.  The boy's and I were going to drive up to see Evan in Indianapolis and stay with him in his truck.  Before our long journey I went into Wartburg to have our oil changed.  1 tire became very flat, losing air.  I went to have air put in and it was discovered just how bald our tires were.  I had planned on getting new ones in the Winter.  But I could clearly see that winter would be too late.
 Our favorite tire place (that also does our oil) saw our tires and after hearing my driving plans advised me against driving all that way on these tires.  They didn't have the tires I needed, and I couldn't wait for them to get them.  I should have already been on the road to meet Evan.  So we diecided to rent a car.
 Evan found me a place on the way to Indiana, it was just inside of KY after we left TN.  Because I wasn't a KY resident they needed so much information and payments types that I didn't have.  After the employee called his supervisor we were able to get the car.  It took SO long.  But I'm thankful we got the car and were able to see Evan for at least part of the trip.
 I made really good time and got to our location with a half hour left (at least) to participate in the festivities.  However, I guess no one told the food trucks, race car driver's or other venues how late this shin dig was supposed to go for because everyone was practically gone by the time we got there.  No food, no drivers.  =(  The boys did get a goody bag, and we got T shirts for the race the next day.
 The race was really fun!  I loved how loud it was. The TMC car didn't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment