Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Spiritual Giant

We love Reagan.  He is the best example to our family.  We would not be the same without him.  We need him, his forgiveness, his example of Christ like service, and compassion.  He teaches us all how to love serve and forgive.  He is something very special.  He loves the gospel.  He is up late every night reading the children's scriptures.  As a result.  He is quite the scripture master!

During our Ward Conference a member of the Stake Presidency came in to give a lesson.  He showed a picture and asked the kids if they knew what it was a picture of.  Reagan blurted out, "David and Goliath!"  The teacher tried to tell the kids the story, but Reagan kept chiming in to fill in the meat of the story that he skipped.  I loved it!!  "Goliath is a Philistine, he picked up 5 stones and used the biggest one to throw it at Goliath's forehead and he fell down dead."

The teacher then held of a picture of Samuel and Eli.  I didn't think Reagan would know this one.  But alas, he surprised me.  He was all over it!  "That's Samuel!  He heard God call him 3 times and he went to his Father Eli because he thought it was him that called him, but Eli told him it was God and to go back and see what he wants."

This is a lovely story.  But it was made all the sweeter because I have been struggling with Reagan lately.  He has been struggling with listening clearly to directions, and making correct, good choices.  I've been so worn down and frustrated to my max.  I'm so thankful to be blessed with this opportunity.  God gave me this moment to show me, Reagan is fine.  It's all going to be okay.  He has the knowledge that is most important.  I was balling my eyes out with the spirit of Peace, hope and pride.

But, that's not all.  Last week in preparation for Easter I was reading some scripture quotes from the Friend.  I read ""Behold thy Mother" (John 19:27).  Before he died, Jesus asked one of His disciples to take care of Mary, his Mother.  What can you do to show love for a family member today?".  Reagan replied, I know you that person was, it was John!  But, not John the Baptist, the John that went with Him into the Garden of Gesemane.

I'm continually amazed at the intelligence of my children.


No comments:

Post a Comment