Yesterday was Evan's birthday. I tried to make it as special as I could. Luckily I didn't have to work until later in the day so I was able to give Evan a heart attack! For those of you that have never been heart attacked or participated in one. You cut out a bunch of hearts all sizes. You then tape goodies, or write special messages on them about what you love about that person, inspirational thoughts, draw pictures of whatever you feel would make your 'victim' happy. Then tape them all over their front door, car windows, or if you are lucky enough to have access to getting inside the house place them all over the walls. =)Evan didn't end up having the best day at work. Due to a co-workers screw up he had to work extra late and extra hard. Poor baby. =( So in trying to make his day even more special I drove out to Fall City to pick up his paycheck for him.(a paycheck that should have been deposited in his account 4 days ago!!!)The whole paycheck story is another added bonus making his birthday not the best.
After picking up his paycheck I went to Cold Stone to get him a huge carton of his favorite ice cream. We had planned on going there together after we had dinner but I knew that with him working late it wasn't going to happen. While at Cold Stone I picked up 6 yummy chocolate ice cream cupcakes.
I think Evan finished work around 6, but he now had an hour drive ahead of him. Once he got home I started dinner while he showered. He requested Salmon, Broccoli, and potato's. I added crescent rolls, olives, and Dr Pepper (a real treat cause I have been trying to get him off caffeine) cause I know what my man likes! We opened presents while we waited for dinner. I gave him a subscription to the Ensign, the whole set up for a Beta fish, a baseball puzzle, a Braves lunchbox and a gift certificate to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. But the real present I gave him that I think he enjoyed the most was a whole evening with no heat on! =)
I'm always FREEZING, and he is always roasting. But for 1 night I told him there would be no heat and he could watch whatever he wanted on TV and I wouldn't complain. I also gave him a back rub too, which I have been promising for awhile. I hope his birthday ended better then it began.
Happy Birthday my love!!!!
wow, he made out like a bandit! cold stone and all! someone sounds spoiled. ;)
ReplyDelete