Its really not a super romantic story, but here it is just the same.
Evan and I have been talking and planning about getting married for so long that a proposal didn't really seem neccessary to me. But Evan insisted that he was going to propose and make it good.
Well last night I was SOOO sick, just gross sick. Well apparently Evan had just found out that his elaborate proposal plan was not going to work so he had no idea what he was going to do now. So with me being so super sick and unhappy he thought this would make me feel better... he took that opportunity to get up, and when he came back he started taking off my promise ring that he bought for me way back when he was in Iraq. I was so out of it and not feeling well I asked him why he was taking off my ring. He said, "to put this one on" Still dumb, I said, "why?" He said "because I want you to be my wife." Well since it wasn't a question I didn't have to answer. Until a while later he finally asked, "SO?! Will you be my wife?" To which I responded, "yeah,...duh" =)
Not at all the most romantic story, but nothing about our relationship has ever been typical, so why should the proposal be any different. At least he asked and I said yes! =) The key components were there.
he told me the whole story of what he was going to do, haha...i told him he should have called me for back up!
ReplyDelete