Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Independance Day

This 4th was very different then I had planned. I love to keep with an old family tradition we used to do as kids, which was going to the Evergreen speedway to watch the races. Unfortunately since money is tight I choose the better part and decided to not go this year. =(

Our ward was having a freakishly early morning breakfast and flag raising. Evan choose to get up even more freakishly early to help set up since we are on the activities committee. I woke up with him, but only to try and bribe him to stay and snuggle. (it didn't work) =P Once he left I told him I would be there for the activity, but no earlier. I really put great effort in getting ready, I curled my hair, and even took time to do a good job on my make up. Once I got to the church I found Evan serving sausage. The massive amount of scrambled eggs and sausage made me almost instantly want to hurl all over the place. So I quietly went back to my car and went home. Proud of myself for trying!

Evan stayed for the flag raising but left before the parade got going. Once he got home we packed up some food and grill and headed to the islands again and see if we could shot some fireworks off while we were there. I felt sort of gypped out of the island experience. We didn't stay nearly as long as I wanted to, or visit the beach like I had hoped. But it was still a good time. At least this time we took the ferry back. But it was so short. (so far the whole day is zooming by)

Evan looking out on Deception Pass
We went home to take a nap, after both of us getting up so ridiculously early. Then I called my brother Adam to see what he was doing this year for the 4th. He was having a huge party of approx. 85 people over to his Woodinville house to watch a huge fireworks show and BBQ. That sounded good to us, so I invited us over!!

Playing w/ his fireworks
Evan and I still needed to have our BBQ, so we went to some lake close to where we live and cooked up hot dogs, ate half a watermelon, and BBQ chips. All very tasty. Whats funny is Evan and I have been eating smores just about every night for the past month and a half, but on the 4th of July we didn't have 1. =)


Brother Adam giving the little kids fire!!
After our little family BBQ we packed up and headed to Adam's for his party. For the most part it was a nice evening. Evan and I shot off his fireworks in the street since Adam had so many of his own! It was kind of like having a dual fireworks show. I enjoyed seeing old faces from my old ward, my Seminary teacher, and family friends. I'm thankful I have a wonderful family that lets me invite myself over for Holidays.
Dean and Reed, check out the massive amount of explosives behind Reed!

No comments:

Post a Comment