I feel a need to document a rare moment in history. I'M HOT!!!
We have been having consistently hot weather in the 90's-100's this past week. For the first time in history I'm really dying from the heat. It's crazy.
We only have one tiny fan to try to keep us both cool. I'm keeping the windows and doors open through out the day to keep the house cool but all that is blowing through the apartment is hot heat. Yesterday was the worst. I was lying naked on the couch with a spray bottle (no picture included) barely even breathing because the heat seems to take my breathe away. I tried to place the fan close to the door to catch the breeze with a huge bowl of iced water sitting in front of the fan.
Evan tried to get us out of the house to escape the heat in our house, just looking for something to wear wore me out and I had to keep taking breaks just to breathe and let the sweat slow down.
We finally made it out to Fred Meyer and Cold Stone. By the time we got home it was cooler outside, but of course no change in our apartment. Evan wanted to sleep in the bed, but I slept on the couch which I have to say was the smartest move. Our couch is perfectly in line with our bedroom window and our sliding glass door so I had a perfect breeze the whole night. I slept really well for the most part. My body quickly gets into habits, and I have been used to waking up all through out the night due to the heat this week. So aside from waking up out of habit I fell quickly asleep. Of course right when the house reaches its coolest point it's time for me to get up for work. =(
I love the heat...just not quite this much...or maybe I would be better if we had a better cooling system. Either way, I'm running out of ideas for things to do outside the home to keep cool.
oooh girl, that's terrible! what's up with your air condidtioning??? we've been having unusually cool weather here...like 20 degrees less than usual! i'm hoping our trip to florida won't be too hot b/c i can barely stand the heat right now!
ReplyDelete