Saturday, July 25, 2009

Still Allergic

In case we were wondering if I'm still HIGHLY allergic to shellfish, let me affirm that I very much am.

Evan and I went to Red Robin, Trader Joe's and Lowe's just a few minutes ago to kill time before going to see the new Harry Potter Movie. Once we got into the car I finally looked down at my arm that I had been scratching the whole time while walking through Lowe's. And there I saw it...a very tiny amount of red bumps in the crook of my arm where my elbow is. After seeing that I seem to know just where to look next. And sure enough right under my arms by my armpits I'm full blown swelling due to my allergy. Of course Evan and I didn't eat shellfish but my allergy is so sensitive that even if I happen to touch it from the remnants of a table or door handle then touch my face, I'm done.
My Left Arm

Evan instantly wanted to know what we should do now. I think he was almost excited to be able to use my Epi Pens. =) "Do we go to the hospital now, or use the pens!?"

My Right Arm

It didn't feel too alarming yet so I told him we should start by just going to Fred Meyer and getting Benadryl. Evan was just about to park in the handicap spot, but a legal spot was available right next to it. =) He ran in and grabbed a SUPER size box of Benadyl, I swear, I have never seen a box so big, it was like he bought it at Costco! =) While he was gone I wondered if he would remember to bring a drink too.

My Eyes, just starting to swell

Of course he did. He brought me Sprite. I told him that was a good call cause just in case I die I don't want to go to Hell for having my last drink caffeinated. HA!

I took 3 pills and I'm now just waiting to fall asleep, once I wake up the swelling is usually gone...usually, but not always. Let's cross our fingers!!

1 comment:

  1. oh no! you poor thing, that must be miserable! i'm guessing you missed the movie?? you crack me up...you can drink caffeine, silly girl! LOL

    ReplyDelete