Sunday, August 2, 2009

Police Escort




On Thursday the Blue Angels were practicing for SeaFair this weekend so they closed the I-90 Bridge off and on from 9:40am-2:40pm. I got off work leaving Seattle at 2:30. Due to the closure I was planning on taking the 520 Bridge to get home, but due to the time, I thought I would take a chance and see if the I-90 might be open. Since that is a lot faster way to get home. I made it to the I-90 on ramp JUST in time. It was maybe 3 minutes before 2:40 and there was one car in front of me. In front of him the road crew was pulling the cones away to re-open the ramp. So both of us just waited a few seconds then followed a police car up the two lane ramp where it joins other adjoining ramps that also had police onto the I-90. Soon all the lanes ahead were lined with police to get us all safely over the bridge!

It was so cool, what are the odds that I would get to be one of the first people on the I-90?! And that I get to follow a whole line of police. I took a picture just to document how cool it was to be the head of the line, and first on the freeway! It just really felt cool...maybe one of those, 'you had to of been there' moments. But I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. love those 'had to be thre moments' but hate that they just aren't the same when you retell them. sounds pretty cool though!

    ReplyDelete