Even though my weekend isn't over but since for me, my weekend starts on Thursday I'll start there.
I have had a MAJOR headache since Monday which everyday has increased in intensity. Thursday at work was the worst. It hurt to walk, my eyes hurt, as well as trying to talk, my head and face were tender and, as with the following days, my neck has been in excruciating pain, so much so it hurt to even try and turn it. I went online to see what a migraine felt like and ruled that out since I didn't have all the symptoms.
Anyway, I had been planning to go salsa dancing with my friend Aimee since last Thursday, and as part of trying to lose weight I was determined to go and suck up the pain. I didn't want to give into my ailments. Christina the gal that I work right next to at work all week didn't even know anything was wrong with me this week, just goes to show I can fake it when I need to.
On my way to Aimee's house I started feeling SOOOO nauseous, just sicker then I have been in such a long time. And the feeling didn't go away the whole night, Aimee, her friend Chandra and I went to dinner before salsa, I only ate at few fries and ginger ale before off we went to Century Ballroom for some good ol Salsa. It was nice to be back there after maybe 2 years since the last time I went. I saw and danced with a few regulars. One was a former student of mine, it made me so proud to see how amazing he has become. He credited me for his success on the floor, but truly, I had nothing to do with the product displayed that night. I was however, happy to see that I hadn't lost my ability to salsa, I'm no longer one of the best dancers there, but it's okay. My goals are different now a days so not being the best and sexiest doesn't effect me in the slightest. It was actually more fun dancing (despite my illness) not having to worry about if I messed up or how good I looked. I was just happy I was out there and moving. And liked not having the attention on me.
Friday I had a lunch date with my brother Ryan at 11. I found out my companion and I also had 2 Visiting Teaching appointments set up for 9ish & 10ish that day too. I mentioned to Kris, (my companion) that I could do the 9, but not the 10:15 because of my lunch plans at 11. Kris mentioned that the person we were visiting also needed to be somewhere at 11 so it would all work out. So I think "cool, I can get it all in, no sweat".
Kris picks me up at my apt so we can drive together in true companion style! As we arrive at our 2nd house at 10:25, I'm not sure how this will work out. We will have to run in and run out if we are both to make our appointments. I quickly text Ryan to see how rigid his lunch is and let him know I'm "VT" (which I found out later Ryan thought I meant "Very Tired" =) heehee
We leave the house right at 11am and I know I'm screwed. Especially since the 11 appt our gal had to meet was getting her daughter down for nap. =) (that explains why I didn't get the feeling she was rushed at all to get us out of the house) I call Ryan right away after reading his text that he is in fact on a very tight lunch due to other co-workers relying on him to get back before they can leave for lunch. I'm so upset. I know I choose the right by doing my VT, but I had planned ahead and was really looking forward to lunch with my brother. And now it was gone. I called to tell him the news and I'm so upset I can't help but cry right in front of my companion (who I just met that day) and my brother, too emotional to even say bye. I don't know why at times my eyes are so leaky. But I just can't help it. I was sad...but I didn't know I was gonna be that sad.
My companion mentions that maybe I can still just head out to Bellevue and still bring Ryan a little treat and say hi. What a GREAT idea!!! I hadn't even thought of that!!!!! So once she pulls up to my home I jump right out of her car and into mine. I call Ryan to see where he is having lunch and as luck would have it a co-worker asked to switch lunches with him so Ryan gets to have lunch at 12!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
Problem solved, all is well!!! Ryan and I had a super great lunch at Round Table Pizza and revving his sweet hemi truck engine all over town! I LOVE how my brother drives!!! Just like me...nothing like Evan!! =) Evan is so nice and courteous, Ryan and I...not so much!!! It was funny to watch Ryan make moves and turns the same as I would, to avoid traffic, or having to stop. Speeding up not to let certain people in, and ticked off at the same obstacles in the road as me. =) It must be a Powell thing! But I'm thankful for Evan's mild temper on the road it's a nice to know our kids will have one good example of how to drive on the road, cause they sure won't get it from me. I told Ryan, "I'm too busy trying to be nice and improve my life in other areas to overwhelm my self with trying to be nice on the road too."
Right about the time I got to Ryan's work before lunch I started finally feeling better. No longer feeling like I was going to puke at any minute or like my head might roll right off my shoulders. But still when I got home from lunch and running errands at the Post Office and bank I went home and took a nap, not waking till Evan called to tell me he was on his way home.
As I waited for Evan to arrive home I called my mom to see if we were all still on for dinner, we picked Fat Burger, and once Evan got home and ready to leave we met Mom in Redmond for dinner, which was DELICIOUS! My mom was so sweet, she paid for the meal, which I knew Evan didn't hear her say she was paying and he order a huge double fat burger or something like that then pulled out his wallet to pay for all of us. I knew by what Evan ordered he didn't hear my mom cause I knew he wouldn't have ordered something so big. He even mentioned to me later that he didn't know and felt bad. =) I went out and bought some pineapple this morning to make my mom her favorite Pineapple Upside-down cake to say thank you.
After dinner, we went to Kohls to buy Evan a few dancing shirts since I plan on dragging him with me to a lot more dance places. I'm getting to be a yucky fatty and realize that dancing really whips my butt into shape. And I have high hopes that eventually Evan will get increasingly tired of watching me dance with other people and finally INSIST that I teach him to dance!
We headed to McCabe's and arrived by 9 where I danced my fanny off. I was exhausted by the 2nd dance, but I kept pushing through until 11pm. I refused to listen to my body screaming at me to stop. I danced nearly every song. But admit I sat out more then I'm proud of due to needing to catch my breathe and rest my legs. I mentioned to Evan I miss the days when I used to arrive at 9 and literally dance non-stop till 2am closing. Some nights I never even made it off the floor due to being asked to dance, dance after dance. (ah, the good 'ol days)
That's my weekend so far. It has been lovely. And I'm feeling better all the time, which really makes me happy!! I'm totally exhausted today. My body is so tired. But I think I'm about to go do a quick 20 minute work out just to keep with my goal of working out 6 days a week for 30 days...uh-oh, I said it out loud and documented it. Now I'm held to it!
aww, you made me want to cry! glad you got that lunch date afterall! good luck in your 30 days...i know you can do it!!! :)
ReplyDelete