Saturday, August 29, 2009

Not so crazy after all

I looked up this article after Evan told me about this story yesterday. So just in case any of you thought I was just being "an over emotional Jenn". I now have proof that I was justified in my worried heart the day Evan and I floated down the Yakima River.

I will never regret getting off the river that day. Nor will I ever care about the keys or wedding ring that we lost that day.

39 pulled from Yakima River after rafting mishap

Story Published: Aug 23, 2009 at 1:46 PM PDT
By Associated Press

YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) - Rescue officials in two counties had to scramble when a flotilla of 18 rafts came apart on a dangerous stretch of the Yakima River.Yakima and Kittitas county sheriff's rescue boats were launched after the mishap late Friday. Three groups of rafts were trapped by three separate log jams, and 39 people from Seattle, Auburn and Renton were pulled from the river between Ellensburg and Yakima. No one was injured, although there were some hair-raising moments as some of the people were swept under the log jams.A Kittitas County boat became disabled during the operation and had to be rescued by other crews.Sheriff's deputies issued a news release saying the mishap was a reminder that the river is extremely dangerous from the Umptanum Bridge south of Ellensburg to the Ringer Road launch.

1 comment:

  1. that is totally scary! glad ya'll got off the river!

    ReplyDelete