Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nearly perfect day

Evan and I were able to spend a wonderful day together going where ever the wind took us.

We woke up and I felt like going to IHOP to try their new Aloha breakfast, so we got dressed and off we went to IHOP! I tried the yummy Stawberry Passion fruit pancakes. YUM

Evan has been wanting to go to Pickering Farms in Issaquah so we went there and walked around the Saturday Market for awhile. I made a point of leaving my purse in the car so I would not be tempted to make any purchases. It wasn't what Evan expected, but it was more then I had expected. He thought we would get a tour of an actual farm. I had no expectations. The weather was perfect and lovely company. =)

After that it still seemed so early in the day (maybe around 1pm) What to do now?!? We got our cars cleaned and filled up on gas, then decided to go to Nike Park in Redmond, since I like how it has a big open field of grass and I not too well known, so just as I thought, there weren't a lot of people. So Evan and I grabbed a blanket and our books and laid about and read for awhile. Evan and the sun kept fighting so we left a little sooner then I would have liked. The sun kept blinding Evan and he couldn't seem to find a good spot to read his book. I was really enjoying listening to the wind blow, and feeling the breeze every now and then. I like the quiet and calm of the day.

Once we left Nike Park we just drove around for a bit and through the Redmond Town Center mall. We drove past the Paint Away shop and I mentioned that we should do something like that someday. So Evan parked and he decided today was the day to "paint away"

Evan picked a little votive candle burner to paint and I choose a spoon holder that sits on the stove. That took us a few hours. I really enjoyed the slow laid back pace of painting. It was fun to use my imagination and see what we both came up with. What I liked most was that they don't nickle and dime you like the last time I tried one of those places (when I was a youth) You pay for the item you want to paint and that is it. They don't charge you for the number of paints of the number of hours you spend there. I really liked having the opportunity to take my time, and watch Evan with his creation.

Our creations, I'll post the final product once we get it back next week

We finished just in time to try and make it to the Melting Pot to finish off our evening with some lovely dessert. We left Redmond with 20 minutes to get to Bellevue before we thought the happy hour would end at 6. We made it with 5 minutes to spare, to find out happy hour goes till 6:30. =)


We enjoyed our dessert, and as my upset tummy kicks in I realize all we ate all day was IHOP, and now dessert. =P Not the healthiest meals, but I've been eatting so healthy this whole month, I'm not feeling too bad.

That was pretty much our day. Not at all really planned, but very fun and appreciated. I'm glad we got out to enjoy the beautiful weather that Heavenly Father gave us, and enjoy each other and grow closer, and build another happy memory together. I really cherish these moments we have together. So thankful for my Heavenly blessings.

1 comment:

  1. awww, enjoy these mometns! they are fewer and further between after the litte ones start coming. :)

    ReplyDelete