Sunday, August 9, 2009

Going public again

I had my blog set to private for awhile, due to unknowingly hurting people that occasionally read it. My heart has always had pure intentions so as to not offend of hurt anyone I thought just putting my blog to private and using is as a journal would work just as well.

However when I set it to private I discovered more people read it then I knew of. And after watching Julie and Julia with my mom on Friday I was kind of thinking about opening it back up to the public again. not that I would have the same impact in my blogs that Julie did, but then today in Relief Society at church we were talking about Charity and I was given a beautiful quote by Marvin J. Ashton that touched my heart and impacted me.

My heart is never to hurt or offend anyone. So with that said whatever I write about my personal life is only meant to share my heart, if anyone gets hurt or offended that is your choice. I'm sharing my experiences and feelings to document my life for my children to later look back on and see how their Mom and Dad spent their days before they came into it. If what I write should offend you the solution to being offended by what I write is simple...stop reading my blog! =)

Here is the wonderful quote, the theme of making my blog public again.

"Perhaps the greatest charity comes
when we are kind to each other,
when we don't judge or categorize someone else,
When we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet.

Charity is
accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings;
having patience with someone who has let us down;
or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't
handle something the way we might have hoped.

Charity is
refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and
being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us.

Charity is expecting the best of each other"

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering this the other day when i saw your blog on someone's list. funny how you can think nobody is reading and then WOW, there are, lol! i love the quote...makes me realize i am apparently not much charitable and then yet i get confused b/c the last sentence says to expect the best of eachother and it kinda contradicts the other stuff, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete