Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Wonderful Husband

I have been really wanting to post this for a while. But I have just been so busy, or Evan has been around and I get so misty eyed when I really think about how wonderful he is I don't want to draw attention to myself because if he saw tears in my eyes he would of course want to know why. But it's now late at night and all is quiet here.
In general Evan is amazing. I'm thankful for him and feel so blessed. I feel that he was a gift, sometimes to try me and test me and help me grow, but never the less a great blessing. I can't imagine my life without him.

I need only to mention a desire, hope, need or want and shortly after I see Evan doing something to make it happen. My happiness is his #1 goal. I can see it and feel it everyday. I feel so unworthy of such love. The greatest talent Evan has that goes the farthest, and I'm sure tried the most is his patience.

I'm not an easy woman, it seems the harder I try to be wonderful and good the worse I become. There is no doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father is strengthening Evan to have the patience and know how to deal with me.

Today Evan was my Hero. We have HORRIBLE neighbors below us and I just blew a fuse!! I couldn't handle anything anymore and just broke down. I don't know how people can be so horrible, and say such things and do such things. Usually when our neighbors are annoying I have dealt with it MY way. Which usually is nice, but when I'm not nice Evan is there so calm and telling me not to over react and to be nice. (Which annoys me, cause I wish he would get excited with me) Since I refuse to be stepped all over, I refuse to back down and I stand my ground with the neighbors...and Evan. I then turn on Evan and accuse him of taking their side and not backing me and supporting me as his wife.
Today, I was done and couldn't deal anymore. From the start Evan said all the right things. First thing out of his mouth was "Jennifer, I'm on your side, and I'm here for you" He was so caring and said just what I needed to hear. I was still really mad, but this time it was only directed at our neighbors, and in general it did help to sort of calm me down. But it gets even better then that.

After all that happened even I wasn't going to address the stupid neighbors. As I was bawling my eyes out in our room Evan had gone down stairs and dealt with our ridiculous, dumb neighbors. When he came up and told me what he had done I was speechless, my heart was so touched. My husband not only made it clear that he loved me, heard me, and respected me. But he stood up for me, and protected me. He took over and shared in my pain and made it better, all with so much tenderness and patience.

Since I'm going on about Evan I want to make sure I document another great day Evan gave me. I had been having really bad headaches a few weeks ago, which I found out later were in fact my first ever migraines. One particularly horrible night when our neighbors woke me up at 2am, then kept me awake yelling at each other until 4am, and I didn't get back to sleep until well after 5am...just to wake up at 6:40 for work. All this combined with the headaches I was spent and had texted Evan what a horrible night I had and how my only plan when I got home was to sleep.

When I got home Evan met me at the door, took my purse and led me to the bathroom where there were candles, soft music, a tub pillow and a hot bath drawn with soothing muscle relaxing bath salts. He said, "I know you don't like baths but give it a try, it will help." I was so touched by the thought and all the effort, I loved the bath. It really was nice. The pillow made all the difference in helping me enjoy the bath. As I was relaxing I could hear Evan doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen. =) Which helped me to relax even more. He came in to make sure I was doing okay then to tell me to stay in the bath as long as I want, cause he was going to make dinner. He let me know that dinner would be ready whenever I was, if I wanted to go and sleep to do that, and just to relax. Evan left the house and I went to the bedroom to get dressed and sleep for a bit and I found a room filled with a wonderful lavender scent, candles burning, the bed made and my heating pad ready to be turned on for ultimate relaxation, and my clothes already laid out. It was just such a relaxing feeling to have all this setting and effort put into helping me relax. I got right into bed and fell asleep.


Once Evan came back home he had brought me my favorite food, Thai Food, Chicken Fried Rice, 4 Stars and Ginger Ale. After we ate Evan wanted me to go back to bed and sleep, but I just wanted to stay out and watch TV with Evan and snuggle. It's hard to want to sleep, when your husband has just been so wonderful. The whole week Evan was just amazing. He bought me flowers, vacuumed and dusted.

So as you can see. I'm a very blessed woman. Everyday I get to watch Evan get closer to the Savior. And more and more become a strong priesthood leader in our home. I can't wait for the future. I'm so honored that I get to be the woman beside him and watch him become the man that God sent him here to be. I'm more amazed every day at how wonderful he is. I'm amazed that he picked me.

1 comment:

  1. that was very sweet! i love to hear how my brother is changing for the better. :)

    ReplyDelete