Evan and I headed to the Puyallup fair yesterday for opening day. I'll follow the day along with the pictures I took. On the way to the fair Evan took off his hat for a moment and I saw the best case of Bed Head I had ever seen. So I had to take a picture!! At the moment, it was very funny to me.
Hat back on and now at the fair, we got in for free!!! KMPS, the local country station (give it up for the country stations!!) had announced that between 10 & 12 they were paying for everyone to get in free. We actually didn't know anything about this until later, but it does explain the huge line up and abnormal traffic to get in. 

About this time my mom was supposed to be arriving soon, so we went into an interactive African hut to learn about life as an African...you can all imagine the comments Evan had while traveling through this part of the fair. =P We got down and dirty grinding corn...I think I'll stick with fetching the water for the village. Funny thing about this "Authentic" African village, those little bowls we are crushing the corn in are hand made from Marshalls!! HA!

My mom finally arrived so we left Africa to find my mom. By this time Mom and Evan were ready to eat so we went to this Fried food stand and Evan bought Alligator on a stick and mom went to the booth next to us and got Strawberry shortcake. I'm all up for trying new food, so I tried a bit of Evan's Alligator on a stick and it was actually okay. I guess having anything fried makes it taste better. =)
After walking around and looking at the animals for awhile we went into a 3D show by Weird Al on the human brain. It was a really good show. I wish all my schooling growing up could have been that fun. Outside the show they have fun games to test your brain and help you realize how our brain works. It was a very interesting and fun set up. I learned a lot. My mom caught a few photos of Evan and I trying a game where Evan would build something with blocks then he would have to talk me through it and see how I did building it based off of his discription. It really wasn't a surprise to find out that I did a better job communicating and he followed my directions perfectly. I was close to duplicating what Evan built, but not perfect. When my mom and I played we did about the same. My mom was really good at describing her creation. Evan was supposed to get a picture of my mom and I playing, but all he got were pictures of our creations...NOT of us. HA! So here are more pictures of just Evan and I playing.
My mom ended up buying me a cowgirl hat that looks really good on me. Had I been thinking I would have got a picture of it. But I'm sure I will be wearing it a lot more and pictures of me in this gorgeous hat will find it's way into the blog. Evan LOVES the hat. I got an instant favorable reaction from him that told me this hat is a keeper!!!!
the bad hair pic makes me think of the giant cheetos stuffing! :)
ReplyDelete