Tuesday, September 27, 2011

AWESOME Dessert!

I just made up my own Semi Home made creation.  Sandra Lee would be so proud. =)

I'm calling it, Pina-Colada Cupcakes

1 white cake mix
eggs
applesauce in place of oil
Pineapple juice in place of water

1 can Crushed Pineapple
Coconut Extract
Powdered Sugar
Coconut
Rum extract optional

I made the cake mix and added 1tsp coconut extract.  I filled the cupcake tin then placed a 1/2 tbl spoon of crushed pineapple on the top center of each cupcake.

Once they were done baking I pulled them out, poked twice with a fork and drizzled glaze over the top
Glaze: 1 1/4 C Powdered Sugar, 3 tbl milk.  I used to have Rum extract but I couldn't find it.  I was planning on putting that in the glaze, but I ended up putting 1 1/2 tsp coconut extract.

I finished it off by sprinkling coconut over the top of them.  OMGosh.  It is soooooooo delicious!!!

1 comment: