Thursday, August 2, 2012

Big News

We are happy to announce that we are looking forward to having another baby BOY!  Well, okay, we don't actually know that yet, but just like last time I'm putting the energy out there! =)

Unlike the last time I was so much happier telling MY family.  Last time Evan and I had decided to move to TN the day before I found out, so I was already stressed that night about sharing that news with my family.  It was actually made worse to share the news that I was pregnant and then drop the bomb that I was moving away. =(  Even thinking about it now makes me sad.

This time I was really joyous sharing my news with my family.  My mom was the very first to know.  I just thought that would mean a lot to her.  Next on my list was Evan.  Of all days, he had his latest day yet and didn't get home until almost 7:30pm!  Luckily my Dearest friend Deb in WA called me so I took it as a sign that I can tell her!  So I did.  I love Deb and that I can share any thought at all and she is accepting of it and me.  She seriously gets me.  I just love it!

I dressed Reagan in a "Big Brother" shirt and we went out side to play for awhile.  Reagan was playing with the neighbors dog for only a minute when she says, "uh, his shirt says big brother?!"  I told her we were going to be giving Evan some big news when he came home and I that was how I was going to tell him.  I told her I hoped Evan was as quick as she was, but I doubted it.

He was more slow catching on then I expected.  I have always dreamed of catching Evan's response on video, but my seriously junkie camera didn't catch it. =(  I REALLY upset by that.

Evan came home, and Reagan and he had a wonderful meeting, throwing him in the air etc, since I was recording I asked Evan what he thought of Reagan's shirt, he looks at it and says, "It's nice"  and they keep playing, so I ask again, "What do you think of Reagan's shirt?!"  Evan, "I said I liked it."  I sigh, wait a few seconds to see if anything may click,...nothing, so I ask AGAIN, "WHAT do you think of Reagan's SHIRT?!!!!"  He must be thinking I've lost it, so he hold Reagan up and stares at his shirt for way too long then his eyes get misty and looks at me ans asks if I'm serious, or if it's a joke.  "Why would I go to all this trouble just to mess with you?"  He sets Reagan down and give me a hug and a kiss.

I wasn't really really sure since I feel totally great, so I went to the Dr today and they confirmed it.  We are due April 6th!  I'm 5 weeks today.

I invited Evan's Mom to the appointment to help with Reagan, but I choose to ask her because I thought she would like to be there when the news came.  Man where they messing with me.  I was a total basket case in my head while I waited for the results.  Here are how my thoughts went,
"Your not pregnant, you feel awesome, your boobs aren't big or anything."  "Yeah, your pregnant, you had 2 positive home tests, and they were very clear."  You are so dumb, your only symptom was a missed period, but you have been really stressed so that is all this is.", "oh man, great, now I have to tell everyone I'm not pregnant now and look totally stupid."  "Well, you did feel a little nauseous, but that could have just been period fake out.", "What if they don't get a clear reading? I drank so much water, I think I only pee'd water, what if they don't get the right answer?", "I better be pregnant, I do NOT want to pay to get a no!"  "This is taking forever, your killin me!"

I was very happy to get that yes. =)  A week ago when I first had a feeling I was initially FREAKED out.  But if I had to choose, I choose to be pregnant.  While I was sitting and waiting for the answer I was trying to not have feelings either way and trying to keep my heart neutral.  But I did decide while I was waiting I did want this and I would have been sad to hear no.  As much as you try to brace yourself and keep your heart out of it, you can't. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment