Saturday, August 4, 2012

Push for Success

As mentioned earlier I set a realistic goal of paying of my 3 year car loan in 1 1/2 years.  However, in my head I really wanted 1 year.  But, upon realization that our lease is up the end of April I have been trying to conceive of ways to make it happy in 9 month, now having a baby coming, I'm even more anxious to get it done in 9 months.

However, that truly is impossible unless serious sacrifices are made, that I'm not willing to make, like me getting a job.  I remember words of wisdom a friends said to me years ago, basically saying that where we are in life is ultimately where we want to be.  Our priorities make our life.  He gave an example of how badly he really wanted some hot sports car, he wanted it more than anything he could think of, and was willing to do anything to get one, he mentioned how he could go and steal one if he wanted it so bad, but that he valued not going to jail more than he wanted a car.

Same with me right now, I want so very, very badly to be debt free, and in a healthy situation to buy a home when our lease is up.  I can get a job if it is that important to me, but it would appear wanting to be with Reagan, especially since I have an end in sight of when our precious one-on-one time will be ending is keeping me from choosing that option.  And my love of sleep and need to be a good Mama when Reagan is awake, (I thought of taking a night job)

It can be frustrating at times, and possibly refreshing to look at where we are in life and know that we pretty much choose this life.  There are times when I have felt stuck, or a prisoner to my surroundings and life.  But if I really think about it, there are usually options I have to change it, sometimes I change it and sometimes I see I have other values that keep me from changing my circumstances.  But in the end, we do have the freedom to choose, we aren't really stuck, we stick ourselves. =)

With all that said, I'm searching for a solution to have the best of both worlds.  I'm currently praying for more Pole Parties or Private Ballroom lessons.  That would seriously help me achieve my goal.  I just need to find the magical place to advertise that will get me the result I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment