Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Reagan at almost 2 (21 months)

He is mimicking us a lot more now.  I know what he tries to say, but no one else would.  He can say, Go, Eat, Baby, Mama & Papa.  He signs a lot and knows more words in baby sign than I can count.  So while he is not talking as much as other kids his age he signs more words, than other kids his age can speak!  I'm not worried, what is the rush to get your child to speak as long as they are communicating effectively?

His favorite activity is to put objects inside bowls or cups then put a lid of some sort over it.  He can spend a very long time at this activity trying different objects, in different containers, with different types of lids.  He also loves playing drums on everything.  He even taught himself to turn over the bowls and bang on them!

EVERYTHING Evan or I do, Reagan wants to do it too.  He loves helping.  He is the biggest Monkey!!  He loves to climb on, over, under, and off everything!  He is a cautious dare devil.  I appreciate that.  He is not scared to try things, but if it is his first time he takes it slow and does his best to do it safely.  After his first successful attempt he is off and running!

He is trying more foods, and liking them, he eats corn and broccoli now with pleasure! He is very smart.  Thank goodness! =)  He is also learning that Time Outs aren't that bad, and not much of a punishment.  The time spent in time out does not out weigh his desire and the appeal of the activity we don't want him to do.  =(  Evan and I are both pretty upset by this.  I just don't know what to do! 

I totally attest that the mornings I remember to pray before leaving my bed I'm much more patient, and it seems as if Reagan listens a little better.  I pray to know how to parent him, and to be patient and loving, and teach him how to be the boy Heavenly Father needs him to be.

Evan totally stinks at being the disciplinarian.  He just finds Reagan too cute and melts too easily when Reagan closes his eyes when we lecture him, or babbles in a pitiful tone to bemoan his current punishment.  I admit, even I break at times.  But the need to teach my child that his behavior needs correcting wins out most the time.

I'm so thankful for Reagan, he is the biggest blessing I have ever been given.  My heart is so full of love for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment