Sunday, May 12, 2013

4 Year Anniversary

4 Years!!  We had to get Gideon in the picture!

I'm so happy to say Evan and I have been happily married, (most the time) =) for 4 year now!! I'm more in love with Evan now, than I was when we were married.  I'm so thankful we choose each other, and I'm thankful we have added 2 beautiful healthy boys to our family to share in this love and add to it.  I'm a very happy woman, very thankful, and very blessed.

Evan and I celebrated our Anniversary on Saturday.  Our day started by driving about an hour and a half away for a Stake service project.  After the Service project we came home and all tried to nap, but it didn't work for any of us. =(  Well, I guess Gideon was the only one to get in sleep. =)

When it came time to actually go out and celebrate our 4 years of marriage, Grandma Wheeler came to pick up Reagan.  And we headed down to Nashville to go to Demo's and the Melting Pot.  The parking in this part of town can be expensive, even worse, if an event is going on.  Which is was at this time.  We went ahead and parked, and found out the wait at Demo's was going to be very long.  Evan thought that in the time it would take to wait we could drive and be seated at the other Demo's location...but that would mean not getting the Melting Pot. =(  We tried to leave the parking lot, since we had just gone in, surely we would not be charged...normally no, but since there was an event going on, once you enter the parking area you pay a flat $15.  So Evan and I just barely were able to back up and stay in the parking area before another car trapped us in.  I was not at all about to waste $15 for nothing!!

So we parked again, and decided to exchange presents in the car while we waited, (we had put our name down before we decided to leave) I got Evan an Ipod player/charger/alarm clock.  And he got me an item off my wish list in the kitchen, a spring form pan!!  Cheesecake here I come!!

Gideon was a gem the whole night!  He allowed us to enjoy our date, and got lots of sweet comments from everyone that looked at him. 

After dinner we walked to The Melting Pot.  YUM, can I just say, how much I love that place!!  The drive home had a lot of rain, in fact Evan and I both got alerts sent to our phones at the same time warning us of a Tornado Warning.  Which means a tornado has been spotted and to be prepared.  It was right around where we live...or at least, too close to where we live for my comfort since I was away from Reagan and our family wasn't together.  Just to give myself peace of mind I called Cindy to make sure everything was fine.  Well, peace didn't come.  She didn't answer her phone, I kept calling, until it's safe to say I blew her phone up in a matter of seconds!!!  She never answered, and I called her constantly until we were just about home and I knew at that point it was pointless.  I was seriously ticking Evan off.  With every attempt to call her I was getting more and more worried.  But I could not stop calling her.  You can have a part of your head that says everything is most likely okay, but the louder Mother part screams that your child is hurt and you aren't there to save him, the thoughts that went through my head were horrible.  And also, only 2 weeks post partum I'm sure didn't help. 

It did make me feel better the closer we got to home to see that all was well around us.  In all the times we have lived here I have always been inside during these Tornado warnings and watches.  So this was my first time being outside and watching the rain, thunder and lightening.  It was very intense, especially when your emotional.  All was well when we got home.  Cindy and Reagan were sleeping.  Cindy's phone didn't even show that I called!!!  *sigh*  not the time for cell phone malfunction!!

But, all was well.  We had a very lovely date night and I'm really looking forward to our years just getting better, our love growing stronger and lives happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment