Monday, May 13, 2013

More Gideon


These are the pictures taken by Evan after Gid was born.
I forgot to mention another pretty cool thing about the day he was born.  He was born on my Uncle Ted's Birthday.  Both Gideon and I never knew him in this life, but I would like to think we spent time with him before we came to earth. 
Did I also mention Gideon's weight and length?  8.1lbs, 21inches long



An update on Gideon, he is totally different from Reagan.  Since he was born so fast he had a lot of spit up and throw up in his first 48hrs, of things that he ingested before birth.  However, if seems to me that he has not yet outgrown this.  He seems to have a pretty weak stomach, or ability to digest things well.  He spits up and throws up WAY more than Reagan did.  I think Reagan only spit up a couple times.  Gideon has us blowing through blankets, and clothes like it's going out of style...his clothes, and ours!! =(  He also seems to have trouble getting his gas out, and pooping without fussing and grunting for awhile.  Evan and I need to help move his legs just about everyday to help shorten the time he is struggling.  It's sad for him and sad for us.  I don't mind helping him through these trying times, but why does the worst of it, and longest hardest stretch for him seem to occur every night at 2am without fail?!!!! =(
He can keep a paci in his mouth WAY better than Reagan did.  And Gid has already found his fists and trys to sooth himself with them!  That is a good sign that hopefully he won't need us to intervene later on to help him calm down.  But I'm a little concerned it might also mean we have a future thumb sucker on our hands.  At this point I really don't care, I want/NEED my sleep.
He started off nursing very poorly.  He has a very tiny mouth that does not want to open for anything.  He also loves to pull!!!  And latch on at his own convience, it is SOOOO freaking annoying.  If the benefits of breast feeding weren't so extensive I totally would not be doing it anymore.  Even at this point he does not get all he needs from me.  I have Skim Milk, for breast milk, as we can see in Reagan's early baby pictures. 

Gideon will nurse on me and still be hungry. He uses me more to fall asleep.  It is impossible to wake him when he falls asleep on me.  So I have started following up the breast feeding with formula.  1. because I know how fat free my milk is, and 2. my boobs can't take anymore of his attitude toward them!
.
Gideon's Going Home Outfit, I dressed Reagan for his Home Coming. So Evan got to dress Gideon

The only two photos taken of me in the hospital.  Just goes to show, once children are born you become insignificant.


No comments:

Post a Comment