Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Boys

Update on Reagan:
Sleeping with my Brother's blanket, and the pillow case we used as kids.


He is now in a Big Boy Bed!!  It's still a transition mostly for us as Parents.  Reagan loves his new freedom.  He gets into EVERYTHING!!!  We had a Child Proof Door Lock, but he busted that off.  So Evan had to switch the door knobs around so the lock is on the outside and we can lock him in.  The first 2 nights before we switched the door knobs he locked himself in his room and I had to call Evan to figure out how to get him out.  =P  Reagan thought is was funny.

It seems like he is finally winding down...a little.  He is going to sleep a little faster the last couple days.  But I'm VERY tempted to put him BACK in the crib, and making a tent/canopy to keep him inside it!!  He is so annoying sometimes, he pulls out all his diapers, and pulls out wipes from the wipes container, etc.=(

Reagan loves to eat Nuggets, Frozen fries, yogurt, applesauce, and of course he will do anything first time asked for Ice Cream!  He loves to make smoothies with me by putting in the bananas, and other fruit and holding down the blender button.  He loves the Wiggles, and Thomas the Train.  He is smart as a whip!  He is an adorable dancer.  He loves to mimic moves that he sees on TV, he even tries to do the exercises on my work out DVD's.  His vocabulary is improving, as well as his pronunciation.

He loves to point out buses, tractors, and railroad tracks.  Those are his favorite things to play with too.  He is also in love with water, he points it out every where we go.  He knows all of his letter, and points out random letters he sees all the time.  He knows his colors too.  We are working on his numbers.  He knows 2 very well.

He still loves his Baby Brother.  He loves to give him hugs and kisses, and he is quick to shove a paci in his mouth when he is crying. =)

Update on Gideon: 

Gideon is getting cuter everyday.  He LOVES to be moving.  When in the car, he needs to be on the freeway moving at a good pace or else he is hysterical.  I have noticed however, that if he is well fed he will do well then too.  If he gets past tired, he needs to be rocked, vibrated, or patted to sleep.  Basically, he needs movement.  But he will go to sleep on his own naturally if he is left alone, before he too tired.

He has had a lot of digestion issues, spitting up, throw up, trouble passing gas and poo.  I started using Slippery Elm, on the recommendation of a family member and it has helped tremendously.  I also changed what I was eating and it helped even more.  I thought he was getting better so I started get more lazy about what I've been eating and he seems to be digressing a little.  So I'm getting more strick again, and since seeing that what I eat is playing a part, I'll be getting more strick with myself.

Gid has started smiling at me and cooing more.  That has REALLY helped the bonding process.  With him not sleeping, and being such a hard baby to figure out and his issues it has really prevented me from bonding with him.  I needed him to love me and give me a break.  I feel like I'm finally starting to understand him, and his smiles and talking have helped SO much.  I see something in his eyes that tells me he loves me.  Whereas before with all his screaming and issues I have felt like he hated me.  ESPECIALLY because he was smiling and cooing ONLY for Evan weeks before he did it for me.  That hurt me so much, you couldn't convince me that he didn't hate me.  While I was happy he bonded with someone I didn't understand how it wasn't me, the one that carried him over 9 months, gave birth to him, and is feeding him and caring for him 24/7, basically have given, and am giving my whole body to, how could he love Evan more, who's only contribution to his existence was a few minutes of fun, and I'm stuck with the aftermath?!!! 

I'm greatly looking forward to the night he sleeps all the way through.  I feel like we are getting closer.  I've started swaddling him and I think it's helping, I'm not willing to try not swaddling him at night to test the theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment