Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Temple

I was blessed to be able to go to the Temple this morning.  I woke up just a smidgen at 5:30am and decided I needed to get up and make the 8am session happen.  I know how things work out, and you need to seize the opportunity when it comes.  To be there with time to spare so I wouldn't be rushed I needed to leave at 6:30am.  I was able to feed Gideon one last time before leaving and I was off. 

I made good time and was able to sit and relax, (driving tends to make me a little tense) pray, and do a little thoughtful writing.  Just pulling into the parking lot had me feeling better, calmer, and more at peace, once I stepped into the gated area I knew I was on sacred ground.  It felt good just to be walking on the grounds of the temple.

The session was so incredible, I always think back to my first time.  I remembered at one point turning around and seeing all these familiar faces of people I knew that were there to support me.  I remember how it touched me to see, Lise, Shawna, my RS president, a lady in my ward that I didn't even know but she was there for me, my friend Christine and my Mom.  And that was just the women.  But it was the power of women that struck me the most.  We Sister's, when we come together are so powerful, in every way.  We have the power to truly strengthen not only each other but truly this whole world.  We are amazing beings that God has created.  For the first time during a part during the session I was thinking about how I would never get the opportunity to be with my Daughter and help her like my Mom was there to help me.  I can help others, and I have.  But I won't have that chance to give my Daughter a memory like I have.  I hope however, that Evan will be able to pass on a special memory for each of our Sons to remember.  I'm not sure if men reflect on past memories like I do, but either way, whether my boys reflect back on it or not, the precious moment will mean something for me to be there and be a part of.



The rest of the day went very well.  Reagan and I went to the store, but first I took him to Baskin & Robbins to get a kids cone.  $2.19 for a silly kids cone!!!  I was shocked!  I also forgot that he was grounded from all sweets because of a bad listening experience we had the week before at the store when he opened a single container of Teddy Grams and ate some, then opened a bag of Skittles at the check out and ate those.  I was VERY mad to have to pay $1 for his disobedience.  However, I guess not mad enough to remember before Baskin's. =P






At the store there wasn't a car kart for him to ride in so I grabbed a kids cart for him to push around since we didn't have very much to get.  He was very responsible and did a wonderful job following me.  But once we got to the Frozen food isle he sent the kart wooshing down the isle!!  Because this is what Papa does when Reagan is in the kart.  I was laughing and trying to tell him to stop.  Of course, he didn't listen.  He did it again, I still laughed, but had to get composed and I knelt down and told him that was something special that Papa does with him, and he needed to hold onto the kart and help me.  He didn't do it again!

Evan took Reagan to the park, after learning the hard way about the different hours the YMCA keeps on the weekends.  That was nice time to have with just Gideon.  We wrapped the night up with Chicken Fried Steak.  Evan thought it was yummy as always, I enjoyed the first few bites then EVERYTHING tasted bad and I hated the taste in my mouth. =(  Don't know what that was all about.  But I'm glad Evan enjoyed it.  That was most important.



No comments:

Post a Comment