I took out 1 pot and filled it with a little bit of water to get it hot fast, then I took another pot and filled it with more water so I could add more when needed, and I turned the other small burner on high to get that pot going. I grab Gideon and head upstairs to get the baby vapor rub to give even more aid to my sick little muffin. Thankful now I did not deicide to stay up there and put the vapor rub on him at that point.) I grab the rub and we head back downstairs, I turn the corner into the kitchen and see my box of Essential Oils up in a furry of flames and the kitchen filled with smoke! So tired I didn't even notice the smell or the smoke before that!! Apparently in my sleepless daze I turned on the big front burner that my box of essential oils were resting on, instead of the one behind it.
![]() |
| You can see where my precious oils spilled out |
![]() |
| Thankfully, these were the only casulties |
I grab the box, throw it in the sink, ~Lesson to all, this is a great reason to make sure you do your dishes every night before bed, so you have room to throw flaming boxes of oil.~ (Thankful I had done dishes, so my sink was ready for the flames) I turned on the water and sprayed out the flames, but there was still a fire on the stove, so I spray over to the oven and all is put out! The only injury is to my fingers from when I grabbed the box that was on fire, but the burns are minimal. I'd put lavender on them to ease the discomfort but it burned up. =p
Let me now address the blessings. This whole time I was holding Gideon in a blanket. Also, does anyone know what they say about oil and water? Yeah, they don't mix. one bottle seemed to have broken but the rest are somewhat in tact, just no longer have much oil in them. My point however is, during all this the oil and the flames could have splattered and spread to many flammable things, the biggest thing in my head is my precious babies blanket, or his swing that had cloth in it that stood between the stove and sink. I'm so thankful nothing happened to Gideon. Or any of us. The smoke was horribly thick, and the house still smells of smoke. But we are all safe and I can stand back now and see so many blessings granted to us this very early morning




Goodness! Glad all is fine with your family! My Dad had a can of spray paint explode on him that was near the stove. Scared us all to death and made a huge brown mess everywhere.
ReplyDelete