To look at Reagan and see how big he is, it doesn't seem like only 3 years ago he began blessing our lives forever. I'm still so in love with my Little Man. He makes me laugh everyday, and frustrates me every day. =) He just makes this world the best place to be, he makes everyday awesome, and everyday I have at least one thing to be thankful for because he is with me and because of his awesome spirit.
We celebrated his Birthday yesterday at Billy Dunlop Park. We've only been there once, and now that I've been there again, come next summer we will go back a lot more, they seem to have everything, playground with swings, a river, lots of open grass area to run around on, a bridge and walking trail, and places to eat.
We got there a little less than half an hr early to set up. Gideon needed to nap, so the first half of the party was done with Gideon strapped to me in his wrap. We had chocolate double fudge cake, with Almond Joy frosting, and vanilla ice cream, with store brand root beer, sprit, and ginger ale. Reagan got a toy truck from Bridger Gale. His mom is my awesome Visiting Teacher. Mason Jimenez brought 3 cool balloons for Reagan. Reagan loves balloons!! Mason's Dad is our Home Teacher. Both Mason and Bridger will be in Sunbeams with Reagan next year!
It seems like all the kids had fun. Reagan could hardly wait to eat cake and ice cream. He didn't even want to play much because of it. Reagan liked to go off on his own and do his own thing and explore. We had to keep bringing him back to play with the friends that came to celebrate with him.
Grandpa came to celebrate his big day, and Grandma Wheeler brought the cousin's a little later to celebrate too, Landon, Levi, Leila, and Loni. Reagan LOVES his cousin Loni. He was jumping up and down to see her and play with her. But unfortunately for some reason the older cousins weren't letting him get to her to play. =( That made me sad. Grandma brought Reagan a laptop computer for toddlers. This is the first annoying toy Reagan has been given in his 3 years. =) HA!
![]() |
| Catching Reagan mid-sneeze. =) As you can see the sun was in our eyes |
We forgot the ice cream so Evan had to go back home to get it. =P Silly us! But once he got back we gathered everyone around to sing and have cake and ice cream. It seems like after the kids all ate Reagan was ready to go home. It was very out of character for him. But he kept asking over and over to go home, and say he was all done with the park. We ended up leaving about 1/2 an hr earlier than planned. Reagan came home and went to sleep, and even after he woke up he still seemed sleepy. So maybe he was just on overload from all the excitement.
This morning, I went to get Reagan and give him his Birthday hug. We already had his presents wrapped and laid out downstairs...except for Aunt Beth & Uncle Ryan's gift. I didn't want Reagan to totally blow off our gifts so after he opened his gifts from us we brought down Aunt Beth's gift, which was an awesome Basketball hoop set! I got him a Mr. Potato head, and made him 4 bean bags, and Evan got him some little cars and a thing you pull and it spins up into the air. I made him and Evan a special Breakfast, Pumpkin Carmel Monkey Bread. Which Reagan didn't even want until dinner. He just wanted oatmeal. =P The same thing he gets almost every morning.
We went to church and Reagan did a wonderful job sitting super reverent during Sacrament. Growing up already. As I was watching him during church it dawned on me again how these days won't last. One day I will be able to hear the speakers in sacrament again and the pew won't be full. I won't always be able to reach out and touch Reagan, or look over and see him sitting next to me. He won't always lay out on the pew, and run cars down the arm rest. There will be a time, lots of times I'm betting when I will look back on these times and really miss them. These days are going by so fast. There will never be another 3rd Birthday for Reagan.






I sure wish this grandma .... could of been there!!!
ReplyDeleteYou made it a wonderful two days for Reagan birthday....
Love you....