Yesterday at church was Reagan's first day as a Sunbeam! I had to send Evan out Saturday night with Reagan to go get him something's I didn't realize he needed until I was getting his clothes ready. He has been wearing a variety of flannel shirts and khaki pants to church. So when I decided I wanted him to wear this sweater vest I found in the dresser it was then I realized he didn't have a white dress shirt. Evan checked his black pants and they were majorly too small too. I had gone out a few weeks ago to buy him new dark shoes that he could wear to church but when I got home with them (I didn't have Reagan with me at the time of purchase) we were both unable to get his feet in them, and I even got a size bigger than he wears. It's weird because when I hold his foot up to it, it looks like it will fit no problem.??
So Reagan basically got a whole new outfit. Shirt and pants from Once Upon a Child and brand new shoes from Kohls! Reagan has never had brand new shoes before ever! Unfortunately Evan got Reagan a size 5T shirt. Which would have been fine if he would have tried it on him like I suggested. We almost didn't go to church yesterday with Evan being so sick, Gideon was being obnoxious and with Reagan swimming in his shirt it was too much for a mama like me to take. But I think Evan being driven by wanting an empty house to be sick in came up with a way to safety pin Reagan's shirt. No one could tell at all it was too big for him. =)
I wanted to make a big deal about being a Sunbeam because Reagan loves Nursery so much. Nursery is Reagan's whole reason for wanting to go to Church. =) He asks to go to church all the time. So I've been doing my best to talk about him becoming a Sunbeam, I've been singing the new songs he will be learning in Primary to him at night before bed to help him feel more comfortable when he is there and hears the same songs that Mama sings to him.
Part of trying to get him excited was making him a little (big) Sun badge that said, "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam." Evan thought it was dumb. I guess most guys would. Usually Evan's negative vibe would have deterred me from making it. But I did it anyway! Reagan ended up not liking it on him, he just wanted to hold it and play with it.
He started off going right to the Nursery room. There was a little struggle to get him into Primary but it wasn't too bad. I brought candy and told him if he was good I'd give him more. Which came in very handy when I went to check on him in Sharing Time. I sat him in the front row, close to the front door. So when I checked on him I went to the back door and snuck my head around to see him but he wasn't in the seat I put him in...he wasn't anywhere in the front row! Holy Cow I thought, my kid is more crazy than I thought and they lost him! As my eyes are just starting to crazily scour the front of the classroom I hear a very familiar voice happily squeal, HI!!! I quickly find him in the 2nd row sitting next to his teacher. "crap, I've been caught!" I think. I try to quickly shut the door and walk away but of course that doesn't go over well and now the whole Sharing Time can hear how well that isn't going over. So I go back in, apologize to his teacher for wrecking what she accomplished. Reagan was pleading for candy so I told him I would go get it and be back. He was fine with this and I was able to leave and NOT come back. But I didn't want him to start learning that his Mama is a liar so after class I waited outside with 2 skittles and as he walked to class I snuck them to him telling him he was doing a good job.
With 10 minutes left of church and me with a headache from an obnoxious baby in RS I left to check on Reagan again. This time I knew what his class was like and that he would have his back to me, IF he was doing what he was supposed to. And this door at least had a window to peek through, unlike the Sharing Time room that didn't. He was doing wonderful, he was participating and totally into what they were doing. I'm so proud and happy for him. He will do just fine. By what I've seen he is already doing better than I thought he would.
No comments:
Post a Comment