Sunday, August 10, 2014

Reagan's Thomas the Train room

I have been working SO, SO very hard on Reagan's room.  I scraped all the popcorn texture off the wall, painted it blue and white, put the baseboard, chair rail, and half the crown molding up myself.  I painted his closet and dresser, made a Thomas clock and reading pillow, paper mached his light switch and outlet covers.  I bought a flat sheet and turned it into a bed skirt, bought a shower curtain and used that for his curtains.  I spent many hours on line picking out what I wanted to decorate his room.  I choose, sheets and pillow case, wall boarder, and stickers, I needed to buy the wrapping paper to cover the outlet covers, scrapbook paper for his clock, looked all over for the best priced material for his reading pillow.  I'm sure we will get more stuff for his birthday in a few months. 

My Son really loves Thomas, and Gideon seems to be getting equally as interested in it.  I enjoy Thomas and can get behind what the show is all about.  It's good, positive entertainment so I'm fine supporting and making my Son so very happy in the process.

Here is Reagan seeing his room for the first time.

He loves his bed!


 
Once he knew what it was, he loved his reading pillow too. =)
 
Pictures of his room before he saw it




 
Behind the scenes
Gideon got to be the first to try out his pillow! He loved it!

So proud of myself for this clock!

The bookshelves I made...out of rain gutters!

I love the vibrant red and blue!

Like I said, very hard work.  I'm so glad it's over.  But very worth it because I knew Reagan would love it.  Special, Special thank you to Evan for helping me put up the boarder.  It was the hardest part of all of Reagan's room.  I'm thankful he just did it.  My Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment