Wednesday, November 30, 2016

September Happenings

Reagan loves to help.  I asked him if he wanted help putting the dishes away that are up high.  His reply, "Nope, I got this"  I guess he does. =)  I love my little man!
 Reagan's Art Work
"Here Mama, it's a picture of you and Papa kissing."

I love the above picture.  Because we do kiss a lot.  I hope our kids always know how much we love each other!


September means it's time for School to start.  We are home schooling.  I did look into putting Reagan in public school.  I actually had many of my fears eased during my inquiry.  But in the end I felt it was such a long time for Reagan to be in school.  I felt kids are too young to be gone so long.  Then the fact that he doesn't have all of his vaccines put a stop to my wondering.  I know I could have gotten around it if I really wanted him to go, but I didn't want him to go that badly.
 He is already WAY ahead of kids his age.  He can read at least like a 2nd grader. He can do addition and subtraction.  We just had his cousins visit and Reagan's Grandma Wheeler had him read for his Cousin Loni that is in 1st grade.  After he was done, Grandma asked Loni if she could read like that and she said, "nooo" 

Reagan's education is the benefit of 1 on 1 attention.  Homeschooling is awesome!  I can give him more concentrated education and attention and we can have our school day in such a small amount of time.  And yet, our schooling is constantly going on.  I've had people comment to me at different times how they think it's great I'm taking moments in public to teach my kids.  One example: While we were getting our car serviced I was asking Gideon what certain shapes were that were around us.  I do the same with colors. 

Papa and I randomly ask Reagan addition and subtraction questions while we go through our day with him.  Both the boys think it's fun to ask us math questions and gush over us when we get it right. =)





One Saturday Reagan came inside to tell me a tree had fallen over the drive way.  I told him to tell Papa.  He said he did, and Papa said he would see it later.  Evan and I had both intended to go see what Reagan was talking about but we both forgot.

Fast Forward to Sunday morning.  We are loaded up in the car heading to church.  Just as we start to back up Reagan declares, "Papa, you forgot to move the tree!"  At that same time Evan and I both saw the tree Reagan was talking about yesterday.  Evan and I both admitted to each other that we thought it might have just been a branch.  Neither of us thought an actual TREE was over our driveway!!

 I don't think it takes saying, we were late for church!


I hate when either of my children is sick.  Poor Gideon.  He is really out of it when he is sick.  He was amusing in a way; just before he would throw up he would start to get mad and talk to his pending throw up, "Stop it, Stop it, I said stop it!"  Which ended up being very nice for me because I knew what was about to follow and could get prepared.


During our morning scripture reading about the Title of Liberty I had an idea to help the boys understand more about the story.  So I made a Title of Liberty for the boys!  It was a combined effort between Evan and I.  I couldn't think of what to attach it to until Evan went outside and grabbed his walking stick!  It was a big hit for a few days!



Just about since we have lived here, under our house has had a big pile up of random garbage from our previous owners, beer cans, debris and even a sink (I found that out afterwards)  To help get things ready for when we replace our ducts and mold remediation Evan and Reagan finally made it under the house to clean it all out!!  I'm so thankful that nasty job if done!  Even though I don't see it, it had been weighing on my mind for so long.  It's so nice to have it complete!!
 Hard workin boy!
 
 
We started going to the library.  I checked out an Amelia Bedilia book to read for the boys.  I loved those books as a kid.  In it, Amelia makes a Lemon Merengue pie.  Which cause Reagan to ask me to make him one.  So I did. 
 I even made the crust from scratch!!  It was AMAZING!!  However, nobody ate it but me.  I think Reagan only ended up liking the top.  You can see in the picture below where Reagan put his hand on top to see if it was cooled or not. =)


We got a year supply of food (for 1 person) which meant a lot of great boxes to make a fort for the kids!!



No comments:

Post a Comment