Yesterday was my Bachelorette party and this afternoon was my Bridal Shower. I'm struck with the reality that I really do have wonderful FRIENDS. Truly good women that are there to support each other through the good times and bad. It's wonderful to celebrate no matter the occasion. I just don't think I realized what wonderful women I had surrounding me and supporting me until these past 2 days. The fact that these women with family, and jobs, and a social life to keep them busy cut out time to celebrate with me. Just to name one specifically that touched my heart, Vicki, a good friend of mine, moved her 3 yr old daughters birthday party to tomorrow just to attend my party. I was just stunned and humbled that she would do that for me. These are the kind of women I have surrounding me. I received wonderful, amazing gifts but what is impacting me the most is just that these women cared enough to be with me.
The Bachelorette party was awesome. It wasn't very wild and crazy which was great. I think we all had an equally great time, decorating cookies, taking a pole dancing class, eating, socializing and opening a variety of great presents. I actually sat out for a majority of the pole dancing class. I enjoyed more watching my friends and chit chatting with Vicki. We ended the party at a very nice time of around 11pm. None of my friends drank which was even better. I was so happy about that. It was a great group of women at both parties, a few desired people weren't able to attended but I feel the amount of people in attendance was just perfect.
I don't recall ever attending a Bridal Shower so I didn't know the protocol for such an occasion. I really relied on my wonderful friend (and hostess) Deb to take over this part. I gave her a list of game ideas I got off the Internet that I thought would be fun to play. I think it was a good party. We started off with some food, then Deb passed around hearts and had everyone write words of advice or well wishes for the Bride. We then played a great game of How Well Do You Know The Bride, that was a pretty fun game. I didn't think it would go very well cause I didn't know how well everyone would know the "deeper" side of Jenn. But I was really amazed at all that my friends did know about me.
After a bit more munchin on food I opened up more lovely presents. Then we played Pictionary the topic was famous movies about weddings. Our team cleaned up!! It was actually pretty great, Angela was drawing for our team and drew 7 hatch marks and right off the bat I guessed 7 Brides for 7 Brothers!! (Thanks mom for cultivating my love of classic movies), its also funny because for the game, How Well Do You Know The Bride, I almost listed that movie as my favorite. =)...but, Send Me No Flowers with Doris Day won out. (nobody guessed that question right. =) If my mom was there I bet she would have got it right!
I feel so blessed, my heart is truly full of so much love and gratitude for all that Heavenly Father has given me. I'm very blessed and so thankful for my friends and family. I'll post pictures in a bit, Vicki is the best at taking pictures so I pretty much let her take all of them, so once I get them I'll share them on our blog.
sounds like such fun! i love bridal and baby showers! wish i could have been there! glad you had a great time...post pics! :)
ReplyDelete