Sunday, January 3, 2010

Marriage is a compromise!

"A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted" Unknown
This may be news to some, Evan LOVES sports! Me, not so much. There are better things I would like to be doing with my time then sitting in front of the Boob Tube. I have started really resenting all the Sport's watching in this house. Titans and Seahawks are playing today so of course I would not say no to that. But Duke is also playing later today that Evan wants to watch.

In the past we have tried having Evan give me back or foot rubs while he watches his sports. But let's be honest, his rubs stink when he is side tracked by yelling at the games. His poor hands don't last as long as the games do anyway. And I also don't really want as many back rubs, as he wants sports.

So today we finally came up with what I think might be a good one. For every game that Evan watches he has to watch 1 old classic movie that I like. But he also can't make smart little comments about how dumb or cheesy my old movies are. I think we may have found a winning formula! I'll let ya know how it goes...

As a side note,

We set some goals for this New Year.
My goal's: get back down to 125-130lbs, take sewing and piano lessons, and keep going to the temple once a week.
Evan's goals: to start blogging on here!! Not drink caffeine and not leave his shoes a mess in the closet for his wife to pick up. =)
Our family goal: individually read through the triple combination, go to the temple once a week as a couple and have a baby!

So make sure you stay tuned for a few more blog's from Evan! =) I'm excited for that one!

1 comment:

  1. lol, i love it! compromise is great! can't wait to see some blogs little brother and a new baby cousin would be awesome too! :) we'll keep praying for you! best of luck on the weight loss jenn! i am soooo ready to get some weight off myself, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete