It has seemed like forever since Evan and I have had a whole day with just each other, no work to separate us, or other activities. And that includes football games. =(
My favorite thing to do is snuggle. I have loved it my whole life. In the morning, I'm especially snuggly, and Evan is usually especially ready to get up and go about his day. =P But today he was so nice and spent lots of extra time snuggling and holding me. And the best part was that he seemed to not mind it, or be in a hurry or distracted by thoughts of football, or the bathroom. =)
I finally made Evan the waffles he has been wanting for awhile. (plain waffles) Then we just sat and Evan let me snuggle some more while we watched one of the old movies that was part of our deal for all the football games he has watched. I try to pick good ones so he doesn't resent it. I'm trying to cultivate his love of Classic movies, not squash it. =) So I picked Tenth Ave. Angel. I think he liked it. However, I'm also pretty sure he is happy he's all caught up on his Movies vs Football games.
We finally got our rears in gear and went to WalMart to get some groceries. I'm pleased to say our fridge is now full of mostly veggies and fruits! And as a result of all this effort I have finally lost another 5 pounds!!!! woohoo!!
That is Very encouraging. I must say this week I have been feeling pretty bummed with all the work I was doing and seeing nothing. Thankfully I have kept at it and I'm down a solid 10lbs from where I started out!! I'm still trying for another 10lbs. If I have to wait and work at it another 1-2 months I can do it!!
So now for the big news! Evan is gone right now on a Police ride along!!! =) I'm really excited for him. But it makes me very nervous that he might actually get this Bothell police job. Evan has an acquaintance that let him know about this job and got him this ride along tonight. He told Evan that most people don't get in their first time. It makes sense, but the reasons he gave aren't problems for Evan. Of course I want Evan to succeed, I'm just nervous for the dangers the job brings. But Evan brings up a good point, Going to Iraq and dealing with all that was much more dangerous and stressful. I just got an update from Evan, he has only been out an hour and a half and already had 2 arrests! The first one, in his first 1/2 hour! That's pretty cool to me!
I'm going out to Halo tonight to dance Lindy Hop tonight. It will keep my mind off Evan, and get me some more exercise! It's been months and months since I have gone out just to swing. It's a killer hard workout. I seriously can be full on weezing 3 songs in! I love it!!
woohoo for another 5 lbs...that's pretty amazing results i'd say! keep at it! :)
ReplyDelete