Friday, January 8, 2010

Reality Bites

SO Sexy, watchin my Hubby workout!

Evan and I have both been trying to lose a little weight. I've been trying a few weeks longer then he has. I have been frustrated that I have been eating healthier, and working out just about everyday and I have only lost 5 pounds. Evan came to me bummed yesterday because he has only lost 1 pound!
I reminded him that he has only been on his diet a week, that it takes time and he will get there. He is preparing to get fit for the Police test coming up the end of this month, he thought he would get in shape in the snap of a finger, just like before.

We have both had a hard realization that age, kills your metabolism and weight just doesn't come off like it used to. Evan mentioned that in the past, he would lay off sugary drinks for a week and could lose 5 pounds easy. I, used to be able to starve myself for 3 days and lose 5 pounds. Now, we both have to work at it. I'm not happy with losing weight so slowly. I'm used to instant results, clearly Evan is too.

People laugh when I tell them I can't wait to get back down to 125-130 again so I can stop all this healthy eating and exercise. I'm serious!! I love me some good food!! It's easier to maintain a weight then it is to lose it. I do much better at holding a weight and losing 5lbs, then loosing 15lbs.

I also get irritated at people that get irritated at me for wanting to lose weight. People that say I look great and think I'm vain or some dumb superficial person for being so concerned about losing a few pounds. My question to them, "so when should I start caring about my weight and staying healthy?" How fat and out of control do I need to get before it is socially acceptable to lose weight and have some discipline? I care about my health, (I also want to look good too) I'm a much happier person when I feel good from the inside out.

I thrive on Evan saying how Hot I am. I don't ever want to make him lie when he says that! =)...or feel that he is lying. Plus, if Evan and I are wanting a baby this year, I want to get as fit as possible before the baby comes, just to be a healthier preggo mommy, and to cut down on the lbs I'll have to lose after the baby pops out.

My point: I think it's humorous the bite in the butt of reality Evan and I are both getting about the effort it takes to lose weight as you get older. =)

2 comments:

  1. i think that's pretty good results that you've lost 5 lbs already! awesome...keep it up! ( i have to laugh about even only losing a lb...that seems backwards to the way it usually works. typically the female would be working several weeks and lose 1 lb while the male just starts and loses 5 in a week, lol!) i am dreading it too, esp now that i'm 30 and will have SO much weight to lose after the baby. :( BUT, i know i can do it and i WILL!!! :)
    hey, can you take your word verification off for comments? you go to customize, settings, comments and scroll down and change that setting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know about the word verification! I Hate that!!! =) Thank you for letting me know how to do it. Can you tell me how to get the email notice for comments sent to me again?

    I have been doing the health thing a few weeks longer than Evan, But Evan also has not been as disiplined as I have. =)

    ReplyDelete