Recently I realized that it has been through our tougher times as a couple that Evan and I have grown the most. I'm not just talking about individually. I'm talking specifically closer as a couple. Before we were married we had what seemed like CONSTANT trials and set backs. Yet we kept coming back for more. =)
Evan saw me at my worst and yet he still wanted to marry me. I saw things in Evan I found most unappealing, but in my heart I knew all would work out and through every trial it seemed to cement my desire deeper that Evan was the man I wanted beside me to go through ALL my trials with.
Being married I have started to notice that, adding up all our disagreements, and getting adjusted to being married and sharing space and time with another person has brought us closer together spiritually and emotionally.
Everyday it seems I get more excited for the rest our lives. I love watching us grow up and figure things out. Sometimes it's pretty painful, and frustrating but I wouldn't want to go through it with anyone else.
I'm so thankful we have each other. It's so comforting to know Evan is going to be here forever. Trusting that someone will really stay with me no matter how ugly I get (I'm not talking physically) has been such a hard thing for me to do. And I hope Evan knows no matter what trials come I will be here as well, loving him even more because of them.
By no means am I asking for more trials. But I'm thankful that Evan and I have each other to hold to when they come. And that we do just that. We Hold to Each Other! I think that is just how life and marriage should be. Trials bring us together in a way nothing else could. I love looking back after the trial has passed and seeing how we did. I love the joy I have felt at seeing how the trial has sealed our hearts deeper to each other and Heavenly Father.
Evan and I have each other, and together we go to God and miraculously, All is Well!
i am amazed at how much 'ugliness' my hubby will put up with from me. he's ready for this baby to stop taking over my body and my brain! she really is sucking the joy out of me...it's crazy!!! i'm glad you are both getting closer to each other rather than pushing away. :)
ReplyDelete