We went out together and bought his Cold Stone ice cream cake. 610 calories for one teeny tiny slice!!!! DANG!!
As I was singing to Evan the phone rang, so this was the Happy Birthday song Evan got, "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...(ring ring) Don't answer that phone or I will kill you, HAAAPPY Birthday to you!" But then I had to set up the camera for the picture, so maybe he had time to take the call, but I needed to finish my song! =) I called him on my way home to see if I could bring us lunch,Teriyaki? Nope he wanted Subway. =P What a bummer. So I got my self tereyaki and made Evan open his chopsticks right when I got home cause I had wrapped my pair of chopsticks in with his, and wanted them.
Evan's presents, with just his chopsticks opened
Evan is nervous about if he ever has to give a talk in church, so I bought a couple books that I thought would be helpful to him and our family, Best Loved Humor, and Poems, for LDS people.
Since Evan expressed an interest in blogging more, (still yet to be seen) =) And document his life experiences, I came across this book at Deseret and thought Evan would appreciate it. Manly Book of Experiences...Not a Diary! Inside it has questions to help you tell about your self, like, Manly Moments of Courage and Bravery, Stuff I've fixed, and Stuff I've Broken, When I've been a Leader and My Feelings about Jesus Christ, The Perfect Man.
So now in addition to daily family prayer, Reading Scriptures as a family, and individually, we just added daily journaling!! >
2 Presents I have been SO anxious for Evan open since they arrived were his tie and belt organizers. I keep folding, rolling and organizing his ties and belts, and once I turn around they are a pile of messes that drive me nuts. Evan really liked this gift, and I couldn't wait to use it for him!
Evan has an UNBELIEVABLE amount of clothes. He takes up two closets, and I barely take up one! And this is with Evan getting rid of a lot of clothes. I am thankful that he likes to look good, and cares about his hygiene and appearance. It was a major reason I liked him early on...but now that I have to share a closet with my fashionista Husband...
I went to Hancock's Fabrics and got iron on mesh, and a pre-made hem. So I had to iron a hem and material on the top, and the ends of the string. It looks okay, but I would have liked to been able to sew it and have it look better. I did however end up hand sewing one of the pieces of string on by hand, and sewed by hand the top to close it up, before I ironed the hem to make it look better. I also dyed the material blue, because, the material I used was the white material I had bought for the 35 scrunchies I was planning for the temple.
My plan was to also purchase Iron On Atlanta Braves, Tennessee Titans, and Duke Blue Devils logos, but the only Iron on's I found were for the Braves, and I wanted to find all of them before I purchased one of them. I'm not giving up, I can always add them later.
OH! And Evan DID ask for an Apron, since he does a lot of cooking. He got the idea from watching my brother Adam cook, he always has an apron, and Evan wanted one too! =)Then, just for Evan, I dyed my hair Black! Though you can't see it very well at all in this picture.

Evan loves it! I think it's okay, it's not my favorite (cause it's going to show my grays so much more now) But it will wash out in about a month, I already have my brown hair color purchased and ready to go!
Happy Birthday to my wonderful Husband!!

hmmm, your coloring thing has me worried! it doesn't look black at all (in the pic anyway) but is it just a rinse? just wondering b/c color doesn't lift color so you may never get the ends lighter again. anyway, the cosmetologist in me was freaked when you said you dyed it black, lol!
ReplyDelete