I may not be a fan of Valentines day for couples, but I think its great for kids, and now I'm adding family and friends to that list.
I came across a few yummy looking recipes from Kraft kitchen.com and thought I would make all 3 of them for Evan. Then I realized that would be a freakish amount of treats for one man...and
maybe woman to eat. =)
So I thought I could still make the treats and just share the joy. I also love to give heart attacks! It takes a lot of time (as Evan just recently found out), energy and preparation to pull off a good heart attack. I spent 2 days making the treats, and two days cutting out enough hearts to give 3 heart attacks, one heart attack for each member in my family. In addition to the heart attacks you need to put thought into what to write and how to decorate each heart.
So exhausting, but the excitement and joy in my heart carries me through the tiredness. Evan and I worked all day Saturday getting ready, putting finishing touches and wrapping up the details. Sweet Evan made, I think a total of 4 trips to the store to help me complete my goal.
Here is the mess from Friday night...
The finished product ready to go out
FROM SCRATCH brownies, cut into heart shapes and topped with melted chocolate. Funny story, I didn't know I was making brownies. The name of the recipe didn't say anything about brownies, I didn't figure it out till I was cutting them into hearts! I wish I would have known...I would have just used a box recipe!HeeHee (I meant to subsitute mocha for Hot choco mix, but forgot and put pudding in instead.) http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bakers-chocolate-mocha-sweethearts-63143.aspx
My Sister-in-law Lise, and my brother Ryan are both diabetic so I thought it would be really mean to make all these yummy treats that they can't eat. So I went out and bought Sugar-free jello jigglers and cut them out in little x's and o's, and hearts.
We headed out around 10:30ish, cause that is pretty much when we finished up. I thought the parents might still be up, but knew the kids would all be asleep. When we got to Adam and Lise's, the light's were off enough that we felt they were sleeping. I wasn't too found of the idea about all my yummy food sitting outside all night but I guess I had no choice.
Here is the finished product at Adam and Lise's house.
We made sure to personalize each families heart attack, we wrote what we loved about each family, I went online and looked up quotes about love and Valentines day and personally selected each quote and cut them out with decorative scissors to make them look pretty. Not only did Evan cut out most of the hearts, but he drew on the hearts to make them look prettier, and even more personalized. We had 3 different bags full of hearts for each family.
Hitting my mom's house. Her nosey neighbors upstairs were snooping on us. We had to use a wood stand of my mom's to take a picture of us. (we should have just asked her neighbors) =)
I knew my mom was awake while we were heart attacking her, cause I heard her coughing. I wanted to be extra quiet for my mom cause I knew if she heard a noise outside she would be scared and not be able to sleep. And I knew if I knocked on her door and ran, not only would she be too freaked to answer but we would not make the get away fast enough if she did happen to open the door. I also had a pretty good idea mom wouldn't eat my treats anyway, but most likely give them to the kids she Nanny's.
While at my mom's I realized I had my phone in my pocket. While Evan was grabbing the camera so we could take our picture I put my phone on silent. While also silently thinking, "Right Jenn, it's 11pm, you aren't that popular that anyone would be calling you this late."
Ryan and Beth's house.

Ryan and Beth were quite a drive, but it was real fun. After every house Evan would make sure I turned the music on right away!!! As our adventure music!! We joked about the thrill and danger of it all, I joked that I bet this was far more adrenaline pumping and anxious then Iraq was!!! How lucky Evan is to get the opportunity to re-live the covert operations of Iraq by giving Valentine's day Heart Attacks!! You're welcome!! =D
Once at Ryan and Beth's, again their lights were off inside too, except I knew where their bedroom was and saw the flicker of TV light. While we were giving the heart attack my phone started buzzing!!! Evan and I looked up at each other, panic in Evan's eyes. He didn't know I had turned it on silent and thought any second Chicken Fried was about to start serenading us! HEEHEE
So I guess I'm glad I turned my phone on silent. Evan and I finished and drove away. I opened my phone to see a text from my Brother Adam, wishing me a happy V-day, if I wasn't already asleep, little did he know, I had just left his house a mess of heart attacks and was very much awake.
I didn't want the food to stay out all night so I responded to Adam to see if I could keep him awake till Evan and I went back to his house to lightly knock and let him know there were goodies to be eaten...while Lise was still asleep! =)
I didn't get a reply so we didn't go to Adam's house, but I did make Evan turn around so we could lightly knock on Ryan's door so their food would be brought in. Lightly! What a joke!! I ran up to their door, knocked lightly, and "WHAT THE HECK!!!, it was like a sonic boom!! What in the world is their door made of?!?!?! I ran like heck and Evan got to do what he had been talking about all night, Peeling out! He is such a kid! =)
We drove around their block, I was so busy talking about how the knock had surprised me I didn't tell Evan to not drive all the way around the block right away, because Ryan's house is visible from that street and they could see us. So of course Evan drives right around as we see my brother at the door.
Evan just kept going which was wise, but I wish we would have turned out the lights as we drove around the block. Evan and I both wanted to see their reactions, but not at the cost of being found out...and especially not after that sonic boom knock at 11:30 at night. Sorry Ryan and Beth. =P I didn't know your door was so echoie. Hope I didn't wake any little ones.
That was our fun filled night of heart attacks! I think I would like to start a tradition, maybe I will start to appreciate Valentines day more.
looks like y'all had a fun time...great thing to do while no little ones around!!
ReplyDelete