We didn't kill our TV, but we did kill our cable. I feel bad, I had saved all of Evan's shows for him on Tivo while he was away. But during his absence we got notice that our cable bill was going up $5 because they were adding 3-4 new stations. Stations that we will not watch by the way!
I was already hanging off the edge to get rid of cable, this just pushed me to the point to let go! Evan and I had discussed and agreed that I would get rid of the cable at the end of our billing cycle. Unfortunately Evan got home only a few days before it needed to be turned in, so he wasn't able to get caught up on ALL of his shows.
It was been pretty nice to have the cable gone. I feel as if I'm much more productive. After working at this Spark and Hustle event for Women Small Business Owners I got all fired up with ideas to grow my businesses so I have been too busy with that to watch TV anyway. However, I will admit at night after Reagan goes to sleep it would be nice to have it. But I far prefer not having.
I know we will get it again. But I hope not too soon. I really like the thought of Reagan growing up without TV. And me as well. I would love to get to a point where I don't even know about the shows I'm missing. Well, except for the cooking shows. I do miss those. =( I really wish we could hand select the stations we watch, just like we can purchase individual songs now, and not the whole album!
No comments:
Post a Comment