Monday, July 9, 2012

Possesed Child!

An Evil Spirit must have invaded my child for 2 days last week.  He was the worst version of Reagan I had EVER encountered.

He was determined to test me to my max.  I do not exaggerate, ALL waking day, (I believe it was Thursday) he would not obey.

Everything I told him not to touch he would.  He would turn on the light switch, get a time out, lecture and go immediately back to the light switch and turn it on.  4 times he did that. 

His Paci's are ONLY for when he is in his crib sleeping, well, he can grab them out of his crib and he will run and find me to show me he has disobeyed!  So time out, after time out, after time out.  This was at the end of the day and thankfully Evan was home because I was screaming mad that Evan finally took him while I took a Time Out!!

It was seriously an all day battle with this kid.  Eating was a hassle, he would throw all of his food on the floor, which he knows not to do and for the most part doesn't do it.  We will occasionally get a couple things thrown on the floor but on this particular day it was ALL of his food.

So I take him out of his highchair, make him pick up his food and put him back in, he throws everything off again and I once again take him out to pick it up, and on and on it goes for over an hour until he runs out of food because he has slowly been eating it.

Also, he stands up in his highchair over and over again!!  He decided that was a new thing he wanted to do once he learned it was a No-No.

He can get into the cupboards that have the baby proof locks on them too!  That's nice!

Back to the end of the night, once Evan took over discipline duty, I can hear Evan now, continue where I left off, "Reagan No!.....Reagan, No!....Do you want a Time Out?!.....NO!"  Then wailing from my possessed child as I know he is now in a time out.  I hear this dialogue over and over while I'm trying to calm down from a WHOLE day of this crap!!

I seriously wanted NOTHING to do with my child for the remainder of the day.  We were supposed to go to the store as a family to get food, but I was so done even being in the same room with this terror, Evan took Reagan to get us a free Redbox instead.

I did manage to pull it together to give him a kiss and hug before bed and tell him I love him, but that was it!

The next day seemed to still not be enough time to heal, I get him out of bed and he starts right off grabbing his paci and not listening!!  ARGHH!!  At the advice of my Mom, (I called her to help me calm down the night before and share my struggles) I put him in his crib, since he wanted his paci so bad and they are only for Night-Nite!  Yes, he did just get out of bed, but I think that was a great idea my mom had!

Evan and I got into it after that and I ended up leaving the house (around 8:30am) until after 1pm.  I sat in my car and read a book for a few hours, then I went and had my nails done before finally coming home. 

Things were tense between Reagan and I for most the day.  I think he knew I was done, and I was still waiting for the demon to come out again.

Well, I'm happy to report that he seems to finally have been exorcised!  He is listening WONDERFULLY now!  First time asked!  He does reach for his paci's, but puts them back first time asked, if not on his own once he gets "The Look".   He comes when we ask for him, and is just in general back to his old self.  THANK GOODNESS!!!

I was pretty freaked out this was a new Reagan.  I was NOT looking forward to being Drill Sargent Crazy Mom.  I Love my Bubba so much, I FAR prefer having fun happy days with him.  I think he likes them too.  We are all happier these last couple days, thanks to consistency, and prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment